Lettuce Nudibranch

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its time to drop a couple of these in the Bryopsis soup...

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They might eat some of it but they won't get the roots. :)

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know about those devil roots haha. Hopefully the combination of the nudi's and tech m dosing will eliminate it. I'm thinking the slugs will do a better manual removal that what I can do. And making it weak like that only leaving roots the mag should make it go bye bye. My theory as of right now.

I thought of tuxedo urch too but I feel safer putting the slug into the reef than the urchin.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know about those devil roots haha. Hopefully the combination of the nudi's and tech m dosing will eliminate it. I'm thinking the slugs will do a better manual removal that what I can do. And making it weak like that only leaving roots the mag should make it go bye bye. My theory as of right now.

I thought of tuxedo urch too but I feel safer putting the slug into the reef than the urchin.
Save your money. Neither of those will work. Urchin might get some but will cause more headache moving your frags around.

Emerald crabs and sally light foot crabs are the ONLY things I ever used that actually do any damage to bryopsis. 1 per 4g of water volume to keep b. out. You'll need to feed crabs once its gone but they will keep it gone.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually one other thing that I found that works, is fuzzy chitons. I have a powerhead in one tank, only place bryopsis grows since crabs maintain everywhere else. Theres a fuzzy chiton working away at the powerhead. But man they are slow. It would probably take 2 to eliminate it from the powerhead altogether.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I've researched on this nudi says they will eat it all because it's the major food source. I've read that they won't eat anything else. Is this true or untrue? I hadn't even really questioned if they would eat it. The main thing I was wondering is if the nudi's attacked will toxins hurt my livestock/corals and do they actually live off of the chlorophyll in the algea in a symbiotic morphism, becoming light feeding.

OP
OP
stevo01

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much. I'm interested in chitons. This volcano breathing stuff is pretty cool.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back