LFS vs Online

If we lived in a world with just online my 300 gallon seal failure would have been worse. LFS owner closed his shop and got to my house before I could to start getting things under control. Saved all my coral. That type of relationship is worth supporting.
 
I live in Los Angeles and there is no shortage of LFS here. Prices are reasonable and you can usually haggle for a better price when spending a decant amount of money. Plus you know exactly what you're getting. I shop online for package deals, live rock and invertibrates. And, I get all hardware, additives, etc., from Dr. Fosters & Smith.
 
I buy coral and fish from top shelf aquatics in Orlando fl. He has great selection and the price is half what I would spend after shipping online. Every time is see the full price for online buys I just say wow and leave the site
 
Not to hijack your thread... but this is obviously important to me as I am opening a LFS in Old Saybrook. I've noticed that many stores don't even carry many hobbyist supplies because everyone buys them online. I started a new thread and I would really like to hear from everyone that hopefully will be a new customer. I obviously want to be successful and that requires that I cater to my customer's needs and desires. Please share any thoughts, suggestions, must haves etc.
[h=3]What do you want out of a LFS?[/h]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new