danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NY_Caveman is taking to long lol.

Try this.

Piece of clean sponge with a hole cut in it.
Piece of pvc slightly larger that the nem
Place piece of sponge where the nem is the hole
Place small piece of pvc over nem, but on sponge. The sponge fills the gaps as the pipe can’t contour to the rocks.
Use zip ties or string to hold pipe to rocks/sponge.
Most nems will crawl up in a day or 2.

That has been what works best for my crazy splitting btas.
I think I saw your (or someone's) post about this method a couple weeks ago, once I finally get the energy together to try to move the brat again i plan to give it a shot

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I saw your (or someone's) post about this method a couple weeks ago, once I finally get the energy together to try to move the brat again i plan to give it a shot
Only takes a few minutes to setup, but I hear ya on the energy thing lol. I am about to have to do it to one of my btas. It just split and the new clone is now on the part of the rock with the most holes lol.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If
I tired chasing anemones. They can be so frustrating. Usually I remove the rock and jag it upside down out of water for an hour. While I wait I massage the foot and ice it.
@sfin52 I like your way and will have to give it a try
if you are talking about the pvc it’s @Eagle_Steve way.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking a baking break to catch up. Morning (afternoon by this point) all. Whenever I get the motivation I'm trying that method for sure.
It seems like the best method that I've heard

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like the best method that I've heard
Worked in 3 hours this time lol. The nem is angry now, but in the frag tank, as I decided to keep it.

Excuse the blown out photo. 4 blue+, 1coral plus, 2 aqua blue specials and an actinic make my phone go crazy. Red and pink become a weird purple lol.

Should have taken a pic of the pipe and tube on the rock. But here is one of what I used. This time it was the skimmer pipe adaptor lol. Sponge has about had it. Due to fitting snug to the pipe, I zip tied the actual sponge to the rock and it ripped a little when removing the zip tie.

B46B0079-0B56-4157-A455-1059C5744EE9.jpeg

C299DA51-F257-4C70-AF9C-D0F496238780.jpeg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you baking?
In the last two days I made:
candied pecans/walnuts
chocolate chip cookie bars
gingerbread cookie bars
sugar cookie bars
avalanche cookies
chocolate crinkle cookies
peanutbutter blossoms
crack (saltine cracker toffee)
buckeye fudge
kaluha brownies
peppermint patties

I'm finally done, tomorrow is my last day off this week and I start my right knee then get to hobble around work every day until Christmas.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avalanche cookies?
Kuluha brownies?
Both sound amazing.

Avalanche cookies are super simple, 1 cup small marshmallows, 2 cups crispy rice cereal. Melt a bag of white chocolate chips with 1/2 cup peanut butter (30 seconds at a time in microwave). Mix it all together and scoop onto parchment paper and let set in fridge. No oven required.

Kahlua brownies are pretty much what they sound like, brownies with kahlua in them, brushed on them once done baking, and then iced with a browned butter/kahlua icing.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avalanche cookies are super simple, 1 cup small marshmallows, 2 cups crispy rice cereal. Melt a bag of white chocolate chips with 1/2 cup peanut butter (30 seconds at a time in microwave). Mix it all together and scoop onto parchment paper and let set in fridge. No oven required.

Kahlua brownies are pretty much what they sound like, brownies with kahlua in them, brushed on them once done baking, and then iced with a browned butter/kahlua icing.
Those sound amazing

Back