Light for Fluval Evo 13.5

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltlife26
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saltlife26

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2018
Messages
36
Reaction score
54
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all. I want to upgrade the stock light for my Fluval Evo 13.5 gal tank. The stock lights get way too hot under the covered lid and I want to get a new mesh top cover and new light. I’ve been reading some good things on the aqua illumination hd prime light. Any suggestions? Thanks
 
Thanks. I wish I could still use the original lid without my temps reaching 80.
 
You can always cut out a square in the lid and place a fan over it but it uglies things up. I definitely recommend an AI Prime or Kessil A80 with a gooseneck to keep things cool. I had the same issue, with temps getting as high as 82. It was good for cycling and that’s about it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new