Light mounts touching water

M1ke13579

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im setting up a new tank its an innovative marine 50 gallon ext and i was planning on using 2 ai primes as lights but without many mounting options i ordered some on Amazon because they have more adjustment room then the ones made for the lights but they are made of aluminum and i soon realized the mounting bracket that connects to the glass may dip into the water will this cause any issues? Would i be better off getting the ones from AI i think the base of the ones they have are plastic im open to other suggestions and ideas

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Im setting up a new tank its an innovative marine 50 gallon ext and i was planning on using 2 ai primes as lights but without many mounting options i ordered some on Amazon because they have more adjustment room then the ones made for the lights but they are made of aluminum and i soon realized the mounting bracket that connects to the glass may dip into the water will this cause any issues? Would i be better off getting the ones from AI i think the base of the ones they have are plastic im open to other suggestions and ideas
Especially Ai mounts do touch water and is normal. The clamps and screws are plastic for this reason

OP
OP
M

M1ke13579

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aluminium is more rust resistant, but it may corrode over time if directly immersed in water. If you can return the ones on Amazon I'd get the AI ones instead.
Thanks for the response gonna return them and swap for the ones from AI i dont think i want to run that risk

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back