Light schedule!

banjowalker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help with my light schedule. I have two channels on each unit. One channel controls the blues and one controls the whites. I can program each channel separately. my idea right now is blues on at 830 am and off at 1030 pm. My whites I'm thinking 930am to 830pm. What are your opinions on this and what schedule have you seen the best growth? I have no ramp up or down feature, but I can change the level (intensity) of the lights when they come on such as turning the whites to 30% when channel 2 comes on, and the blues at 60% when channel 1 comes on.
 
IMO, I would shorten the length of the schedule. I would run the whites closer to 8-9 hours with the blues coming on and going off and hour before/after. I had good growth with no algae issues on a LPS dominated tank with a few softies and SPS.
 
No reason to run the whites so long, 8-10 hours is plenty. Your % is a good choice.
 
No reason to run the whites so long, 8-10 hours is plenty. Your % is a good choice.

IMO, I would shorten the length of the schedule. I would run the whites closer to 8-9 hours with the blues coming on and going off and hour before/after. I had good growth with no algae issues on a LPS dominated tank with a few softies and SPS.
Thanks guys. This sums up what everyone else tells me. I think I am going to run my whites from 2pm-10pm and my blues from 1pm-11pm
 
my blues run from 10:30 am till 11:30 pm. my whites from 12:00 pm till 10:00 pm. whites set at 50% and blues at 70%. softies and lps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new