Lighting for Reefer 525 G2

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I was going to buy a Reefer 350 G2 but I have decided on getting a 525 G2 ,I'm conflicted on what light to get for the 525. I've seen people use 2 xr30, RedSea lights, etc. What would you guys recommend? Also I am looking to grow LPS and SPS

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I was going to buy a Reefer 350 G2 but I have decided on getting a 525 G2 ,I'm conflicted on what light to get for the 525. I've seen people use 2 xr30, RedSea lights, etc. What would you guys recommend? Also I am looking to grow LPS and SPS
These days you have a plethora of viable choices. As many choices as people will have opinions here. I suggest that you first determine your budget and then do some research on the lights available in your price range. It's hard to go wrong these days.

OP
OP
O

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These days you have a plethora of viable choices. As many choices as people will have opinions here. I suggest that you first determine your budget and then do some research on the lights available in your price range. It's hard to go wrong these days.
Alright, I have a budget of around 1000 for the lighting on the tank.

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, I have a budget of around 1000 for the lighting on the tank.
Well, with that budget, 2 XR 30's are out of your price range unless you buy used ones. You can go with two XR15 G5 Blues that are on sale and position your corals accordingly. You can also try ReeFi Uno's. Really limited budget if you're looking for new. Start somewhere and you can always add later.

OP
OP
O

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, with that budget, 2 XR 30's are out of your price range unless you buy used ones. You can go with two XR15 G5 Blues that are on sale and position your corals accordingly. You can also try ReeFi Uno's. Really limited budget if you're looking for new. Start somewhere and you can always add later.
Alright. I was looking around for options under 1000 and a bunch of people recommended the Photon 48-V2 Pro. I was wondering if you think this would be a solid options for my tank?

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a solid choice. I don't have any first-hand experience with this light so I cant say with any certainty. Have you looked at any of Dana's reviews or articles that may cover this fixture? @Dana Riddle

OP
OP
O

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a solid choice. I don't have any first-hand experience with this light so I cant say with any certainty. Have you looked at any of Dana's reviews or articles that may cover this fixture? @Dana Riddle
I haven't looked at Dana's reviews but I will check them out. Thanks

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 55 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 67 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 57 30.3%
Back