Lighting issues

jonleeroyix

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2021
Messages
189
Reaction score
77
Location
birmingham
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I acquired two 160w 16000k maxspect razor r420r and I now know that they’re discontinued, which is fine except on one of the fixtures all the white lights are super dim so it shows up SO blue even when the whites are on 100%
Should I just replace these with newer and better lights or is there a way that I can repair this? I have no problem with them except for this and I don’t want to break the bank because apparently lighting is like the most expensive thing in a reef tank haha.

AD79180F-0996-4889-BA4A-58E1DAD1C5C6.jpeg 8AFF2B76-2C2F-4DED-81DD-F6B877D62E27.png
 
I'm guessing you got these used? Can you maybe try switching out the plug and see if it's the driver? Otherwise I'm thinking the whites on that one have gone bad.
 
I'm guessing you got these used? Can you maybe try switching out the plug and see if it's the driver? Otherwise I'm thinking the whites on that one have gone bad.
Yeah I got them used, I didn’t even think of switching the plugs but if the whites have gone bad where can I get a replacement?
 
I think if the whites have gone bad then you're SOL, but I was thinking if it's just the driver then I'm sure you can find a replacement for that online somewhere.
 
You can replace or better yet supplement it with a 50/50 light strip.
 
How much are them? You can try our brand's K7 V3 lights (140watt)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new