Lighting mount

  • Thread starter Thread starter Daemon114
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Daemon114

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I’m curious if anybody has experience with aluminum T slot

I would like to create a wall mount for my lights (2 xr30)

My tank is 36in long and I would need the mount to come out about 18 inches.

My only concern is the sag would coming out 18 inches and mounting the light to each end cause much sag or any, am I over thinking it.

I’m planing on using 15 Series Extrusions is that sufficient enough

Thanks in advance
20251217_200345_2AE71A53-CD61-450F-A9D8-29A506221C40.png
 
Not familiar with the product you are currently looking at, but if you want a wall mount application for your lights, I've seen a ton of tv wall mounts that people have used over the years. I personally haven't used one, but they seem pretty slick.
 
Hi guys I’m curious if anybody has experience with aluminum T slot

I would like to create a wall mount for my lights (2 xr30)

My tank is 36in long and I would need the mount to come out about 18 inches.

My only concern is the sag would coming out 18 inches and mounting the light to each end cause much sag or any, am I over thinking it.

I’m planing on using 15 Series Extrusions is that sufficient enough

Thanks in advance
20251217_200345_2AE71A53-CD61-450F-A9D8-29A506221C40.png
One thing I can add, maybe add a couple more wall anchors just to the insides of each outrigger. Help keep the wall piece from twisting and adding any sag. Maybe put a sheetrock anchor in the wall on them.
 
If the 80/20 against the wall is fastened into the wall studs, you should be rock solid.

Worst case, if you experience any sagging, you can use gussets to triangulate out the arms.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new