lighting rack - motorized - Looking for guidance.

kvosstra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im finding that I need some more mobility with my lights - 10x AI hydra and 4X T5 -
Right now, they are suspended from the ceiling, but they are SOOOO in the way when trying to do any work. I'd like to mount them to a frame and then have a cable (motorized or not) preferably, motorized) to raise and lower them. I have seen some garage hanging systems - but looking for any guidance.
Tank is 10x3 - and I have about 3.5 feet above the tank of space for the light rack to travel. I'd prefer something off the shelf.

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures?

I went with pneumatics for my tank with the same footprint. The start of the light rack is in the post below from my build thread.

OP
OP
K

kvosstra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dennis! Any link to the basic rack material you used? Trying to see if I can snag this locally and not order it - I sort of have some time for the next week, so trying to just get it moving ASAP!
Build looks great - thanks for sharing!

oldmonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im finding that I need some more mobility with my lights - 10x AI hydra and 4X T5 -
Right now, they are suspended from the ceiling, but they are SOOOO in the way when trying to do any work. I'd like to mount them to a frame and then have a cable (motorized or not) preferably, motorized) to raise and lower them. I have seen some garage hanging systems - but looking for any guidance.
Tank is 10x3 - and I have about 3.5 feet above the tank of space for the light rack to travel. I'd prefer something off the shelf.
Hello
have a look at Parkers reef dream tank build on YT. Maybe it will give you some more ideas.
Thanks

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dennis! Any link to the basic rack material you used? Trying to see if I can snag this locally and not order it - I sort of have some time for the next week, so trying to just get it moving ASAP!
Build looks great - thanks for sharing!
I used the extrusions from Openbuilds. They are similar to 8020, but made to have wheels running in the profiles. You can order them from their parts Store. Amazon carries some of their stuff, but I didn't see the extrusions.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back