Lighting recommendations for 60 long

NLReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for recommendations for lighting a 60 gal long (48”x12”). Current lighting is an orbit marine pro. Stocking is mostly soft coral and LPS. Hoping to add some SPS and increase growth.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for recommendations for lighting a 60 gal long (48”x12”). Current lighting is an orbit marine pro. Stocking is mostly soft coral and LPS. Hoping to add some SPS and increase growth.
Does the tank have a center brace? If you're looking to add sps in the future a pair of Kessil A360WE's over that tank would look good and be able to grow pretty much any coral you put under them ;)

OP
OP
NLReefer

NLReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the tank have a center brace? If you're looking to add sps in the future a pair of Kessil A360WE's over that tank would look good and be able to grow pretty much any coral you put under them ;)

There is a Center brace. Hoping to keep lighting on a budget, stick to LEDs and have controllability and programmable.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a Center brace. Hoping to keep lighting on a budget, stick to LEDs and have controllability and programmable.
what sort of budget are we talking? when you start talking programming and controllability but also want something good that will grow coral the dollar amount starts rising unfortunately lol

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about giving the coral box led’s a try on my new build.. very reasonable pricing, mounting brackets included and controllable with phone or tablet. I have seen a few very advanced reef keepers that give them a big thumbs up.

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're looking for controllable LEDs and budget-friendly, I think a pair of AI Prime HD would do the trick. There are definitely nicer options out there (although I'm personally a big fan of the AI stuff), but this is the best bang for the buck when it comes to quality + features + price.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back