View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With this setup:
2x 250watt DE Giesemann 13K MegaChrome Marine
2x 54watt T5 Giesemann Actinic Plus
2x 54watt T5 Giesemann Aqua Blue

What do you think about this lighting schedule?

T5 - 9 hours, 8 hours each, 7 hours overlap
MH - 5 hours, 4 hours each, 2 hours overlap

Is that enough light?

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt think that would be enough. Why would you only want to be able to view the tank with all lights on for 2 hours? Is this a prop tank or a DT? Also what is the size, etc.

iceman0124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my nano I have had much better results from changing my 150 20k halide from 9 hours a day to 9 hours of 4 actinic blue LED's and 5 hours of halides, went from algea city to sparkling clean within 3 days, plus corals seem alot happier, think about it, in nature the reef only gets a few hours of full intesity lighting, with weaker light setups overexposure isnt really an issuer aside from algea growth, over exposure can ****** growth and even slowly kill.

I set my lights to be on full when I'm usually home so I can see it regularly, though it isnt hard to alter the schedule to show off the tank for company, pictures, or whatever reason, though for regular use, I'm a firm beliver in a relativly short high beams photo period. The overlapping setup the OP has going sounds perfect to me, and much more natural than most setups.

Last edited:
Back