Lighting spectrum for AI blades

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any solid experience opinions on AI Blade light configs for a mix tank?

Coral types:

Kryptonite Candy Cane
Green Star Polyp
Firework clove polyp
Fall out zoa
Florida Ricordea
Sympodium (Maybe?)
Favia
Duncan
Hammer

IMG_0753.jpeg IMG_0752.jpeg IMG_0757.jpeg IMG_0756.jpeg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just go the AB+ preset and get on with it :) no any playing around with sliders for me when someone have proven this effective already.

Borrow a PAR meter and make sure your intensity is correct, that's where I would start!

NASAGeek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a 30” over a 40 Breeder for about six months very successfully at 50% blues, 20% whites. Was on six inch risers and grew all that listed above as perfectly as a tuned down AP9X did. Good luck!

OP
OP
T

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a 30” over a 40 Breeder for about six months very successfully at 50% blues, 20% whites. Was on six inch risers and grew all that listed above as perfectly as a tuned down AP9X did. Good luck!
That low?

I may have to try that.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was getting 175par with in about 10" of coverage about 2/3 depth on a 20"x20"x18" tank out of a 21" blade grow at 68% intensity. Dropped down to around 70 par at the glass You need a par meter I think with the glow you are going to cook everything Id go closer to 50% and see how they respond if you cant get a par meter.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just go the AB+ preset and get on with it :) no any playing around with sliders for me when someone have proven this effective already.

Borrow a PAR meter and make sure your intensity is correct, that's where I would start!
My new AI Blades come this week. I will go the presets as I’m a newb and why mess with the expert, known, schedules, Also, I will have LFS do par reading because these lights are way beyond my Red Sea ReefLed 90’s!

Hearing that’s what you’d do as well Casper is great, cause you do like gear! lol

OP
OP
T

thecodingart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was getting 175par with in about 10" of coverage about 2/3 depth on a 20"x20"x18" tank out of a 21" blade grow at 68% intensity. Dropped down to around 70 par at the glass You need a par meter I think with the glow you are going to cook everything Id go closer to 50% and see how they respond if you cant get a par meter.
I do need a par meter and borrowed one once.

I’ll eventually bite the bullet.

My hammers seem to be the only ones not satisfied with the current light situation so I might play with this and give it a shot. It all depends on environment and depth to some extent.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do need a par meter and borrowed one once.

I’ll eventually bite the bullet.

My hammers seem to be the only ones not satisfied with the current light situation so I might play with this and give it a shot. It all depends on environment and depth to some extent.
it does depend on environment and depth for sure. I think a lot of people actually dismiss these lights as anything more the fill lighting. While they would be phenomenal at fill they are absolutely a stand alone option for just about any tank with plenty of spectrum and par. So just like any other light care needs to be taken.

NASAGeek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it does depend on environment and depth for sure. I think a lot of people actually dismiss these lights as anything more the fill lighting. While they would be phenomenal at fill they are absolutely a stand alone option for just about any tank with plenty of spectrum and par. So just like any other light care needs to be taken.

Yep. I think people read the wattage and dismiss them right off the bat, which is a mistake. These things punch above their weight. Only thing I miss about the ap9x is the shimmer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back