Lighting

Annelise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently switched my lighting from the FluvalSmart sea nano marine spectrum led to the FluvalSmart sea marine spectrum led 24-34” on my 30g tank. The par at 6” was 212 on the old light and 222 on the new one, and my frogspawn has been shriveled up ever since I replaced the light. Any suggestions??

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently switched my lighting from the FluvalSmart sea nano marine spectrum led to the FluvalSmart sea marine spectrum led 24-34” on my 30g tank. The par at 6” was 212 on the old light and 222 on the new one, and my frogspawn has been shriveled up ever since I replaced the light. Any suggestions??

The PAR is the same - is the light schedule the same? Is the spectrum of the light (the settings) the same - ie blue/white, etc/. Unfortunately im not familiar with these lights - How long have you had the coral? How long has it been shriveled up (i.e. how long have you had the new light) - often when a change is made LPS will shrink if there is a difference in spectrum, etc until it gets used to the new light

OP
OP
A

Annelise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PAR is the same - is the light schedule the same? Is the spectrum of the light (the settings) the same - ie blue/white, etc/. Unfortunately im not familiar with these lights - How long have you had the coral? How long has it been shriveled up (i.e. how long have you had the new light) - often when a change is made LPS will shrink if there is a difference in spectrum, etc until it gets used to the new light

Yes, the light schedule is about the same. I’ve had the coral for four or five months, and the light is about 3-4 days old. The lux on the old one is 11000 at 6” and the new one is only 8750 at 6”. Could this be it? Now that I’m really looking at the tank, the only thing that’s really completely open is my zoos, mushrooms, Xenia and plays. The finger leather and sinulara aren’t very open.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back