Lights and apex

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ai hydra lights on my tank and a few times now they have stopped following their programmed schedule and have stayed on 24hrs a day. Power cycling seems to correct this. My tank is in my basement and I don't always notice when this happens if I don't go down after the lights are supposed to turn off at 10. Could I get some help writing a program for my apex that gives me an alarm if the lights are still drawing power after 10pm?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have ai hydra lights on my tank and a few times now they have stopped following their programmed schedule and have stayed on 24hrs a day. Power cycling seems to correct this. My tank is in my basement and I don't always notice when this happens if I don't go down after the lights are supposed to turn off at 10. Could I get some help writing a program for my apex that gives me an alarm if the lights are still drawing power after 10pm?
I had mine direct to the EB832 with on and off feature without program. Are you sure temperature isnt triggering the lights to go out prematurely?

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mine direct to the EB832 with on and off feature without program. Are you sure temperature isnt triggering the lights to go out prematurely?
My issue is that they don't turn off, they are set on the apex to turn off if the temperature gets over 80 but my temp never gets over 79.1. It stays pretty cool in my basement

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The program I set in the app for the lights seems to work pretty well most of the time, it's only happened 3 times in the last 2.5 years that I've had them. Unplugging them and plugging them back in seems to make them work like they are supposed to again. I do have them on a dedicated outlet on the eb832 but I don't use on off function on apex to control the schedule

Kmarshall168

Bearded Dude that likes things in water
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does apex keep track of time zone or local time? Could be losing track and resetting to full power

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just add this code to the outlet configuration (under Advanced):

Set OFF
Fallback OFF
If Time 10:00 to 20:00 then ON
Defer 000:30 Then OFF

*Revise the start and end times for your own schedule.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back