Lights for a dd pro reef 900 ?

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys just after some alternatives for some lights for a new dd pro reef 900 I am getting. Originally I opted for the tmc v2 Illuminaire 900 but I’m just not stuck on the bars and how it sits on top of the tank.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What price range? What kinds of corals? Also, how much do you care about controlability?

OP
OP
MrDLHughesY

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What price range? What kinds of corals? Also, how much do you care about controlability?
Price doesn’t really bother me but don’t want to go crazy. Coral will softies lps and maybe some sps. I would like to be able to adjust the light Incase corals are not happy ect I currently have a reefled 50 on a little fluval 13.5 which I have had good growth with but it constantly get disconnected all the time which is a pain in the butt so I would probably stay clear of two off the reefled 90.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price doesn’t really bother me but don’t want to go crazy. Coral will softies lps and maybe some sps. I would like to be able to adjust the light Incase corals are not happy ect I currently have a reefled 50 on a little fluval 13.5 which I have had good growth with but it constantly get disconnected all the time which is a pain in the butt so I would probably stay clear of two off the reefled 90.

Try a hard reset on your lights and delete them from the app. This fixed my issue with connecting to the reef led at my work. I would say if this fixes it just get another reef LED 50 and use your other one.

If my understanding that your tank dimensions are 35x23x28in, You have several options. I personally would go with either 2-3 ai prime 16hd, 2-3 kessil a160we, a reef brite fixture or 2 kessil a360we. I think these are all going to give your a nice spread and color. There are more expensive options like radions and cheaper options but I will list some of the in between options below. If you would like some more recommondations on the higher or lower end of price let me know. BRS has videos on these lights of you want more info.

OP
OP
MrDLHughesY

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a hard reset on your lights and delete them from the app. This fixed my issue with connecting to the reef led at my work. I would say if this fixes it just get another reef LED 50 and use your other one.

If my understanding that your tank dimensions are 35x23x28in, You have several options. I personally would go with either 2-3 ai prime 16hd, 2-3 kessil a160we, a reef brite fixture or 2 kessil a360we. I think these are all going to give your a nice spread and color. There are more expensive options like radions and cheaper options but I will list some of the in between options below. If you would like some more recommondations on the higher or lower end of price let me know. BRS has videos on these lights of you want more info.
Hard reset via the app or pressing the button on the actual unit ? I’ve done it on the unit several times. Seen a few people saying the take the top off and unplug the battery. Do you think 2 of the 50’ would be enough ?. Tbh the really high end lights don’t interest me too Much. Appreciate your response.

OP
OP
MrDLHughesY

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just looked at two 2reef leds50 and I would be 4” short on the depth where the reef50 would give 90par at 20” but the tank is 24” deep.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked at two 2reef leds50 and I would be 4” short on the depth where the reef50 would give 90par at 20” but the tank is 24” deep.

Ah well for softies on the bottom I figured it would be ok but that is true that the 90 would probably be better for that if you wanted more par at the bottom. (the very bottom of their par chart is impossible for me to read so thank you for clarifying that).

OP
OP
MrDLHughesY

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah well for softies on the bottom I figured it would be ok but that is true that the 90 would probably be better for that if you wanted more par at the bottom. (the very bottom of their par chart is impossible for me to read so thank you for clarifying that).
I might still be quite tempted to just try another 50 and see how I get on. Thanks for your input

OP
OP
MrDLHughesY

MrDLHughesY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It states in Red Sea website that the lights are mounted 8” above the water I’m sure mine are more 6” so there’s 2” already.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back