Limitless Scene ideas in Mobius

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In true fashion, every time I see a thread asking for programming clarification for the Versa, I try to recreate the OP settings and if I can, I offer a solution. The problem with me doing that is that I have to remember to reprogram the Versa back to the task that i was using it for.

The other day I had a sort of cascading event because I forgot to reprogram the versa that removes old salt water, while the other versa was still programmed to add new saltwater. It sorta snowballed after that because I left it in that state over night, and sometime in the middle of the night I got a text message saying the pH was below the threshold that I set (7.6).

The new salt water continue to pump causing the high sump sensor to turn off my skimmer so that the cup didn't overflow, lack of microbubbles from the skimmer aided in lowering the pH.

upon discovery, I immediately forced the skimmer back online and adjusted the flow to prevent the skimmer cup from overflowing.

Now that I painted the scene (no pun intended), here's where the beauty of the Mobius came in. I didn't want to drag out my siphoning hoses and remove the extra salt water from the tank. Instead I took a measured approach and simply estimated how long the pump was off (15.5 hours), calculated what it should've removed within that time frame, and programmed a Scene to have the Versa do all the heavy lifting. I basically programmed the Scene to remove 13950ml (3.68 gallons) in 50 minutes. Once saved, I clicked on the scene and the versa went to town removing old sw. 50 minutes later the Versa went back to it's regularly scheduled program.... and hopefully crisis was averted.

Am I lazy? Sure, you wont hurt my feelings calling me lazy, but why work harder when you have a machine to do it for you?

I would be curious to hear other ideas that people use their programmed Scenes for. Please share them.

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea and thanks for sharing. Scenes are really powerful and user friendly. As more products hit Mobius you'll be able to do more and more useful stuff.

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be excited to try out Mobius. Maybe I'll get the chance with this year's build. I know the challenges of creating an app and control platform, we recently did it with our SRAM AXS product line, getting the App right was such a challenge that we ended up bringing in a consulting team and man it was the best thing we could have done.

Sounds like their tech allowed you to use a creative solution to a problem, which is the ultimate purpose for any tech

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 68 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back