Lineatus wrasse supermale question! Please help

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I’m looking for some experience and information regarding the transitioning of a sub-dominant male into a supermale.
I currently have a sub-dominant male and wanted to know what the likelihood is of it transitioning to a supermale on its own. I’m not going to add a female to the tank because of the issues that can cause with the female transitioning to male and then fighting ensuing after that.
But , is there any other way to get my wrasse to transition or increase the likelihood of it transitioning to a supermale?
Thanks for the input and advice!

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Itll definitly become a terminal male over time. I believe suoermale is just a term used for a terminal that has more color than a usualt terminal. Usually when theres a harem of erassed of a similar genus I believe one can become brighter. Expecially during their flashing and mating dances.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I’m looking for some experience and information regarding the transitioning of a sub-dominant male into a supermale.
I currently have a sub-dominant male and wanted to know what the likelihood is of it transitioning to a supermale on its own. I’m not going to add a female to the tank because of the issues that can cause with the female transitioning to male and then fighting ensuing after that.
But , is there any other way to get my wrasse to transition or increase the likelihood of it transitioning to a supermale?
Thanks for the input and advice!
I’m guessing you have read this. If not, it’s great!

OP
OP
ReefAddiction34

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing you have read this. If not, it’s great!

Yup I have read this before! Great write up. I guess I’m just looking for some kind of time frame and likelihood of my Lineatus becoming dominant and getting more color. I’ll reach out to evolve as well.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It varies from to fish to fish but I've had a flame wrasse go from female to terminal male in less than a year. It could be weeks or months but it almost always will happen.

OP
OP
ReefAddiction34

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It varies from to fish to fish but I've had a flame wrasse go from female to terminal male in less than a year. It could be weeks or months but it almost always will happen.
Anything that you can think of to speed up the process other than adding another fish which I won’t do? I’ve had the wrasse for probably 3 months now..

OP
OP
ReefAddiction34

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here he is

image.jpg

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything that you can think of to speed up the process other than adding another fish which I won’t do? I’ve had the wrasse for probably 3 months now..

Not that I'm aware of . It happens when it happens. I would think that guy is already a terminal male. He should get more colorful as he matures. Patience, patience!

OP
OP
ReefAddiction34

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish.

A mirror? So he can tell.himself how beautiful he is... Lol I actually dont know, every fish is different.
Lol I’m not color shaming him. I love that fish and he is gorgeous. I just hope he gets those really bright colors! Love the mirror idea lol.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back