OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My predator tanks are my fav, all of them, every little creature have their own personality and unique beauty. I'm not going to do it, but if I were to start over; I would have 4 x 90g in the place of my 210g all with different ambush predators; mainly lions and scorps. If you read my bi-line, it says "true predator tanks", I feed all my predator tanks live foods, you can tap my name and "find all threads" to see tons of pics and info on predators. I would do the multiple 90s because of feeding live, it's easier to manage.

Angels are difficult because many don't understand how to initially care for them, and even with all the info at a keystroke, people still refuse to get it. At times I stop responding to same old song and dance about angels not eating. You'll find people that listen, have success; people that refuse just watch that angel die. It's simple; if not eating treat with general cure, immediately, don't wait. Have a mature rock with micro algae; offer live foods like pods, brine shrimp, black worms. If you can harvest some sponge that many mature tanks have growing in sumps and in dark recesses behind rocks. Use masstick or ocean nutrition formula food with gel binder to smash into rocks. These are tips for the difficult to feed. All difficult to feed fish usually have 2 things in common; 1: internal parasites, 2: they don't recognize what you are feeding as food.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there would love some updates on your tanks. :)

I’m sorry if you’ve gone over this, but I am investigating captive bred options for large angels and you have 2 I’m very keen on, as well as a Blue Line and a Clarion (Clarion a more distant maybe). The two most readily accessible to me captive bred are the Majestic and Goldflake, so I’ll be looking to my hands on those first, and then a Blue Line once available. What tank size do these angels need for life (as adults), how long have you had yours, and have they topped out in size?

My understanding is that Majestic Angels are some of the slowest growing of all angels, not sure about the other 3 but I don’t want to cramp any of the fish.

Thanks.

Also have some dwarfs that are captive bred. Colin’s (common- Bali Aquarich), Hybrid Lemonpeel x Half Black (common- Bali Aquarich), Multibar (somewhat rare- Bali Aquarich), Venusta (rare- Bali Aquarich), Bicolor (not sure from which breeder) so I will go a captive bred route for dwarf angels too. Pretty keen on the Colin’s and Multibar as wild ones are notoriously hard.

Would love more pics of your tanks.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you got me with the sea goblin. I am looking around the basement for where to place another tank.
I have never seen the kind of fish you keep and am intrigued. I already have the ability to get 300-400 feeders shipped in to feed my lions.
If I were to pick up another standard 75 and bridge it onto my system everything would be covered but a light. I have extra rock in the sump as well. I can build a stand. Lots of flow pumps in boxes.
How many could I place together. The pics are nice but I don't give me a feel for the size, activity and territoriality of these fish.
These little unfamiliar fish are the first things that have interested me in a while. Perhaps they dont stay so little either.

Perhaps 3-4 of them with a butterfly of some kind for aiptasia control would be my idea.

Back