Lionfish/ Eel Not Eating

Jake Tully

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 2 weeks ago I bought a snowflake eel from an LFS that had it eating krill just dropped into it's small tank (not from tongs or skewer). I introduced him into the tank and he has not eaten yet. At first I attributed it to getting accustomed to the tank and I did change my rock work a few days after I got him to make it safer. But now it is almost 3 weeks and I am starting to worry. He has come out to explore the tank a lot more but whenever I put krill on a stick he will sniff it then turn away. Should I be concerned?

Lionfish...... being someone that works at a LFS I should know not to buy lionfish that aren't eating frozen but I impulsively did because my boss gave me a deal. I have been starving them for 4-5 days then feeding them ghost shrimp. My fuzzy dwarf took to krill once but that was it. I even tried using fishing line to make the shrimp look a real as possible.

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C
About 2 weeks ago I bought a snowflake eel from an LFS that had it eating krill just dropped into it's small tank (not from tongs or skewer). I introduced him into the tank and he has not eaten yet. At first I attributed it to getting accustomed to the tank and I did change my rock work a few days after I got him to make it safer. But now it is almost 3 weeks and I am starting to worry. He has come out to explore the tank a lot more but whenever I put krill on a stick he will sniff it then turn away. Should I be concerned?

Lionfish...... being someone that works at a LFS I should know not to buy lionfish that aren't eating frozen but I impulsively did because my boss gave me a deal. I have been starving them for 4-5 days then feeding them ghost shrimp. My fuzzy dwarf took to krill once but that was it. I even tried using fishing line to make the shrimp look a real as possible.
For the eel try a different food like silver sides. For the lionfish it is a bit of a pain to get them on frozens.
Heres a thread with some advice for feeding frozen to a lionfish https://www.marineaquariumsa.com/threads/getting-a-dwarf-lionfish-to-eat-frozen-food.58520/

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back