Lionfish/ Eel Not Eating

Jake Tully

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2018
Messages
66
Reaction score
59
Location
Charlotte
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 2 weeks ago I bought a snowflake eel from an LFS that had it eating krill just dropped into it's small tank (not from tongs or skewer). I introduced him into the tank and he has not eaten yet. At first I attributed it to getting accustomed to the tank and I did change my rock work a few days after I got him to make it safer. But now it is almost 3 weeks and I am starting to worry. He has come out to explore the tank a lot more but whenever I put krill on a stick he will sniff it then turn away. Should I be concerned?


Lionfish...... being someone that works at a LFS I should know not to buy lionfish that aren't eating frozen but I impulsively did because my boss gave me a deal. I have been starving them for 4-5 days then feeding them ghost shrimp. My fuzzy dwarf took to krill once but that was it. I even tried using fishing line to make the shrimp look a real as possible.
 
C
About 2 weeks ago I bought a snowflake eel from an LFS that had it eating krill just dropped into it's small tank (not from tongs or skewer). I introduced him into the tank and he has not eaten yet. At first I attributed it to getting accustomed to the tank and I did change my rock work a few days after I got him to make it safer. But now it is almost 3 weeks and I am starting to worry. He has come out to explore the tank a lot more but whenever I put krill on a stick he will sniff it then turn away. Should I be concerned?


Lionfish...... being someone that works at a LFS I should know not to buy lionfish that aren't eating frozen but I impulsively did because my boss gave me a deal. I have been starving them for 4-5 days then feeding them ghost shrimp. My fuzzy dwarf took to krill once but that was it. I even tried using fishing line to make the shrimp look a real as possible.
For the eel try a different food like silver sides. For the lionfish it is a bit of a pain to get them on frozens.
Heres a thread with some advice for feeding frozen to a lionfish https://www.marineaquariumsa.com/threads/getting-a-dwarf-lionfish-to-eat-frozen-food.58520/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new