OP
Oshengems

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of shots of the blackfoot, check out the cute mustache.

20181219_224536.jpg

20181219_224417.jpg

Those spines look Vecious! Caught my 4 chromis and my Multibar to make space for a possible fu man chu this weekend, and will be selling the first fuzzy the new one is mucb brighter and smaller although they don’t fight and hang out in the same area don’t wanna over do it. But I’m truly in love with these fishes took a few more shots of the new you. Truly amazing fish

6BA326B0-41A9-4FCA-A2E7-1BB8DCA594F8.jpeg

EB8A0843-BE6E-4544-9592-E732DBCE244C.jpeg

OP
OP
Oshengems

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of shots of the blackfoot, check out the cute mustache.

20181219_224536.jpg

20181219_224417.jpg

Those spines look Vecious! Caught my 4 chromis and my Multibar to make space for a possible fu man chu this weekend, and will be selling the first fuzzy the new one is mucb brighter and smaller although they don’t fight and hang out in the same area don’t wanna over do it. But I’m truly in love with these fishes took a few more shots of the new you.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey lion king,

Do the Blackfoot lions need a sand bed? Or can they go in a BB? I heard they like to burrow? Especially when they’re older?

The blackfoot's will burrow in the wild, I havent seen him try it, but he is hanging out on the open sandbed alot, so I wouldnt do a bb.

Those spines look Vecious! Caught my 4 chromis and my Multibar to make space for a possible fu man chu this weekend, and will be selling the first fuzzy the new one is mucb brighter and smaller although they don’t fight and hang out in the same area don’t wanna over do it. But I’m truly in love with these fishes took a few more shots of the new you. Truly amazing fish

6BA326B0-41A9-4FCA-A2E7-1BB8DCA594F8.jpeg

EB8A0843-BE6E-4544-9592-E732DBCE244C.jpeg

Looks like a male.

Glad others have the fever like me, I have 6 lions in 3 different tanks.

OP
OP
Oshengems

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said they dig???? Like wrasses to sleep or predator style to ambush?

Btw what are you guys feeding? The first fuzzy after taking everything offered reverted to only krill smh, the 2nd is eating krill, silverside and grabs chunks of Reef frenzy I toss in also goes after frozen brine.

For the lions I have shrimp from my local fish market I frozed and from San Fran bay i found frozen silver side which I have to chop up they are big & krill below

4296D531-DC71-44AC-8DD4-8691DE7C7EBD.png

069DDF20-122D-4902-AFBF-8F7D8FECDB8C.jpeg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said they dig???? Like wrasses to sleep or predator style to ambush?

Btw what are you guys feeding? The first fuzzy after taking everything offered reverted to only krill smh, the 2nd is eating krill, silverside and grabs chunks of Reef frenzy I toss in also goes after frozen brine.

For the lions I have shrimp from my local fish market I frozed and from San Fran bay i found frozen silver side which I have to chop up they are big & krill below

4296D531-DC71-44AC-8DD4-8691DE7C7EBD.png

069DDF20-122D-4902-AFBF-8F7D8FECDB8C.jpeg

There's still little known about the blackfoot, I'm already finding some conflicting info. I have only had him about 6 weeks or so, so my opinion is just that, he's still a little guy, under 3" when i got him. He has turned out to be very active, contradicting what I've read. He swims alot and is a very aggressive eater. In the wild their burrowing has been reported but with little explanation. He does hang on the sandbed, out in the open, more than any other lion I've kept.

My volitan is easy to feed, but my others not so much. My old fu will only take live guppies and mollies any more, she used to take krill and silverfish. My zebra and antennata will take krill and silverfish. My blackfoot and new fu is in a tank that I only feed live. I will always feed my dwarfs and medium bodied live food with supplemental dead feedings. I get krill and silverfish from the asian market.

006.jpg

005.jpg

011.jpg

PacsAdmin77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Would I be taking a big chance by purchasing a non-WYSIWYG Fuzzy Dwarf from some random online store, if I want a yellow morph? LA seems to regularly have the Fuzzy Dwarf in stock, but I’m not sure if I should snatch one up.

AbnormalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Would I be taking a big chance by purchasing a non-WYSIWYG Fuzzy Dwarf from some random online store, if I want a yellow morph? LA seems to regularly have the Fuzzy Dwarf in stock, but I’m not sure if I should snatch one up.

Eh.... you’re probably most likely definitely not gonna get a yellow if you order a standard one off of liveaquaria. I’d go to bluezooaquatics, who sometimes has them in stock.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

If you are specifically searching for a yellow, it has to be a wysiwyg, don't be fooled by a stock photo on someones's site either. You will rarely see them online, and if you do expect to spend about $300. I saw one here at an lfs years ago for $100. I got mine as a regular fuzzy for $39, it was mostly brown with just a hint of yellow.

PacsAdmin77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh.... you’re probably most likely definitely not gonna get a yellow if you order a standard one off of liveaquaria. I’d go to bluezooaquatics, who sometimes has them in stock.
When was the last time you saw one on Bluezooaquatics? I’ve been looking at their WYSIWYG section everyday and they’re still not available.

AbnormalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When was the last time you saw one on Bluezooaquatics? I’ve been looking at their WYSIWYG section everyday and they’re still not available.

Never... maybe I’m too slow but I’ve never em. Just nice to know that they offer them though. They also offer them in the regular section along with the other lionfish species.

PacsAdmin77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! I’m still waiting on a long-awaited phone call from my LFS to tell me my yellow fuzzy has arrived. It’s been over 4 weeks since I’ve ordered it :/

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back