BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a lion to my scorp tank
009.jpg
I bet feeding time is awesome at your house!

OlderManSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m experiencing feeding issues with my Yellow Fuzzy. It’s been weaned onto frozen Hikari krill and though there have been a few bumps along the way, it’s been eating krill without any issues. Lately, however, it would swallow a whole krill and appear as if it’s fully ingesting it but then it would spit the krill back up. This happens to krill of all sizes (even tiny ones). I’ve even tried feeding it other frozen foods, like fish and scallop pieces, but it spit them out as well. My biggest fear is that the Yellow Fuzzy is rejecting frozen food for some reason and I would have to revert to feeding it live ghost shrimp. Any thoughts?
I have a fuzzy lion that eats frozen tiny shrimp well for about two months then spits it out. If I feed live ghost shrimp once then it goes back to eating frozen. Mine will not often take frozen krill. As some others have noted, most Asian groceries sell frozen “tiny shrimp” that have the same whitish color and small eyes of ghost shrimp. My lion eats those well. My leaf fish loves live ghost shrimp but is repelled by frozen krill. It eats the frozen tiny shrimp with gusto. I think it is the orange color and the large black eyes of the krill that cause the problem. Once in a while it will take a krill if I remove the eyes. I only try that if I run out of tiny shrimp and am too lazy to go to the market.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week's pic. The little guy is under 2", he has some very interesting tones that's hard to capture, some yellow and some green. Interesting to see what he turns into when he matures.

011.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back