Little help on what this is

  • Thread starter Thread starter CSJIII
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CSJIII

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
739
Reaction score
213
Location
SW Chicago burbs
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping for a little help as to what popped up in my tank. I have had my tank running for 3 years now and haven't added any live rock in over a year. I had a tank crash about 2 months ago and lost quite a bit of my LPS corals, challices and such. I have been keeping a close eye on my tank lately and it is starting to color up nicely. About a week and a half ago, right in the middle of my tank I see something new pop up and it has been growing at a decent rate since. Again, I haven't added any live rock in over a year so this isn't a hitchhiker, but I dont know exactly what it is. Sorry for the unclear pictures since I have a bow front that distorts the image and I cant get a clear view from the sides. Any help is appreciated!

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg
IMG_0877.jpg
 
+1 to that it is a macro algae unless you mean the green algae in front of it and that is bryopsis which can't be eliminated by raising you mag levels with kent tech m and sustaining them around 1550-1600 for a period of a month or so! Hth
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new