Live Aquaria do's and dont's

What would you all do with the gift card to live aquaria?

• Coral

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Fish

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Equipment

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • Maintenance

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Run away

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Proceed with caution

Votes: 18 27.3%

• Total voters

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So thank you r2r team for the gift card and i am truly grateful for it. With that being said i have seen a lot of negative posts lately when it comes to the site. I would like everyones honest opinion on what i should do with the card. I have heard nightmares about doa lately and would never want to put something through that. Tell me your do's and do not's when selecting the items from live aquaria.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to buy media. Ex. carbon, reef supplements, and salt from them. Fedex ruined that relationship.

I used to buy live coral from dd. That was years ago. The reports scared me away from their livestock handling.

Gl on whatever you get. Hopefully, they start correcting their mistakes.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to buy media. Ex. carbon, reef supplements, and salt from them. Fedex ruined that relationship.

I used to buy live coral from dd. That was years ago. The reports scared me away from their livestock handling.
Its sounds like a rough experience with anything

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote equipment or anything that isn't living. Their communication is terrible. I won a GC too about 6 months ago and decided to use it on fish for my FW tank. The night they were supposed to ship I received an email telling me that some of my order was out of stock (even though their site still showed all my fish in stock) anyhow the email said they would send me tracking info once my fish were back in stock and ready to ship. Two weeks went by without another word from them until a package full of fish showed up on my door step - no follow-up email, no tracking info, no heads up at all.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a love hate relationship. DD Wisconsin stuff is usually better than their other livestock but it sure is not like it use to be.
This makes me super sad about it man i was hoping it was 50/50

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, you have a gift card. So the financial risk is removed. I would say just make sure you document everything, shipping notifications, live arrival guarantee rules, etc. You usually have a window to resolve disputes. I would only do dry goods or divers den if it was me.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair, you have a gift card. So the financial risk is removed. I would say just make sure you document everything, shipping notifications, live arrival guarantee rules, etc. You usually have a window to resolve disputes. I would only do dry goods or divers den if it was me.
Thanks for the input i appreciate it

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else have any experiences with live aquaria as of lately.....

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not, but I would suggest giving folks more than an hour to reply... Lots of us are still @ work! Lol ;)
I can understand that thanks for the heads up i guess i was trying to hit all time zones

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried them for first time last week I ordered 4 fish and they said wont ship unless 3/4 order was ready but I got an email that 3 out of 4 fish were on hold due to covid shortage of staff. They ended up sending one fish. I did received a health fish but messed with my QT status so I went to local fish store $300 later and got 5 more fish..... Cant trust myself if I go in without a set agenda. They did refund me when I called would of preferred them to just hold until order was ready.

Overall id give them a c-. Get what you need just could be delayed. Still don't have a sand shifting goby will have to wait a few months and convince my girlfriend to allow me to setup my fish qt tank again...

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back