Live Aquaria sold

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, BTW, customer service girl said Diver’s Den get animals from Exotic ?? In Cal. They go through extensive quarrentine and 4 or more weeks of acclimation! This is from the Milwaukee store. All reps are working from home ‘cause of covid I’m basically only buying from Divers Den from now on. They post new items at 5:00!

You can still get disease from them so be careful. The fish are a lot better than drop shipped ones usually though since they get to 'rest'. I remember someone posted an image off Divers Den of a fish that had a parasitic isopod on it right on the photo. I had a damsel off Divers Den show up with brook on it in the bag. The fish looked like it's skin was melting off. The majority of my orders from them have been fine.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
As there is so much potential, I hope this is for the best. Going out of Petco's hand is already a positive !

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm any clue on the time table for an announcement? Does that mean the end for petcos salt water section?
Petco doesnt actually get their fish from live Aquaria. I’m good friends with the guy that orders the fish for the site in my area. None of their fish come from there

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco doesnt actually get their fish from live Aquaria. I’m good friends with the guy that orders the fish for the site in my area. None of their fish come from there
This is true. They never have gotten them from Live Aquaria. My Petco uses 6 differant wholesellers for their saltwater fish.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, and my liveaquaria order that was supposed to ship tonight just got delayed. Hopefully new ownership pushes them in a better direction.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im skeptical but lets see if it's true. Right now under the website it's still under it. Would be very nice to get someone who actually cares for the animals. Seen some bad stuff at petco.
petco live aquaria link
alien smoking.gif

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if I can get credit or something for the delay? Unlikely, I know, but Amazon has spoiled me when it comes to things like this. They offer, at minimum, a $5 credit if a package is delayed.

I’m just glad I have an open schedule and will be home on Thursday when it (hopefully) arrives.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I received fish from them today and last week. Both orders came in looking great. Todays order had some free samples and a Biota sticker in it also. That’s a first. Nice touch for sure.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No kidding? How big was the order?
Today’s was just under $200. A large Black oyster butterfly from divers den and tomini tang from regular LA. Two separate shipments. The freebies came in the DD box. Food/pellets sample and chemi blue nano sample. Packaged very well. Both fish are eating already.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today’s was just under $200. A large Black oyster butterfly from divers den and tomini tang from regular LA. Two separate shipments. The freebies came in the DD box. Food/pellets sample and chemi blue nano sample. Packaged very well. Both fish are eating already.
Right on. I’m waiting on a $160 wartskin angler. Unfortunately, they delayed the order. Maybe they’ll throw in some freebies as a sorry ‍♂️

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They would be stupid to sell something that is making money for them.

What makes you think Live Aquaria makes money? It's been difficult to get a breakdown of Live Aquaria P & L since Petco is private now. But last time it was disclosed - Live Aquaria was loss making.

Lear31a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pandemic economics, Petco had to have a high debt service from the 2015 acquisition. Pandemic hits, cash reserve and cash flow hits rock bottom. Now you are looking at heavy bank penalties for not maintaining contracted cash reserves for scheduled debt serving. Time to find a quick asset sale.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back