• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Live Corals in Western Pennsylvania

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for fellow reefers in the Western Pennsylvania / Eastern Ohio area. I'm in Lawrence county, PA and the idea of spending $30-$50 to ship corals is too much for me. If anyone within about a 40 minute radius of Lawrence county has any frags to sell, reply to this thread. Searching for any corals, but mainly LPS and softies.

OP
OP
Losirk

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, for those of us in large states, state tags don't help much. No chance I drive cross-state to Philly for some corals. Perhaps R2R adds some county tags? Or maybe region tags? Or maybe I'm just blind

tyro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You aren't super far from where I work. I don't have anything as of yet but a few places that might be helpful. Boardman Ohio has a nice fish store that I've gotten some nice zoa frags with good prices called Extreme Tropical Pets. Also I haven't been but want to go to The Reef Gallery in Zelienople. If you have Facebook look for a group called Homegrown Reefer. I just fragged my first paly and have a mushroom I might frag soon. I think it's always good to have friends to frag swap with.

OP
OP
Losirk

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You aren't super far from where I work. I don't have anything as of yet but a few places that might be helpful. Boardman Ohio has a nice fish store that I've gotten some nice zoa frags with good prices called Extreme Tropical Pets. Also I haven't been but want to go to The Reef Gallery in Zelienople. If you have Facebook look for a group called Homegrown Reefer. I just fragged my first paly and have a mushroom I might frag soon. I think it's always good to have friends to frag swap with.
I've been to both, they are both excellent stores. I joined the group, thank you. I heard that in April, there will be a huge swap in Pittsburgh, called the 3 Rivers Society or something like that. Closest thing to a person-to-person exchange that isn't a full blown business

tyro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to look into that. I might have some zoa frags by then. I've seen pretty good activity in that group when people ask if anyone has frags etc. We aren't as alone as it seems sometimes.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. The Reef Gallery. You don't want to mis the massive Black Friday/Small Business Saturday sale.
Yes. We will have a swap either last weekend in March or first weekend in April, currently working out the logistics.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some Facebook groups. Steel City Reefers, Saltwater Crazy Pittsburgh, Southwest Pa. Aquatics,

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for fellow reefers in the Western Pennsylvania / Eastern Ohio area. I'm in Lawrence county, PA and the idea of spending $30-$50 to ship corals is too much for me. If anyone within about a 40 minute radius of Lawrence county has any frags to sell, reply to this thread. Searching for any corals, but mainly LPS and softies.
Mostly in this thread is higher end stuff but I have a lot of lower end stuff as well.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been to both, they are both excellent stores. I joined the group, thank you. I heard that in April, there will be a huge swap in Pittsburgh, called the 3 Rivers Society or something like that. Closest thing to a person-to-person exchange that isn't a full blown business
The 3 Rivers Marine Aquarium Society is hosting our annual swap on Saturday March 26th 2022

OP
OP
Losirk

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 3 Rivers Marine Aquarium Society is hosting our annual swap on Saturday March 26th 2022
Thank you!

Are the hours / prices available? Is it in Washington, PA again?

Also, are people's prices absurd or reasonable?

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

Are the hours / prices available? Is it in Washington, PA again?

Also, are people's prices absurd or reasonable?
The admission price is not set yet. Last year there was a VIP session for the first hour for $10 and regular admission after that was $5. It is at the same place; The Washington County Fairgrounds. Prices vary. I would say they are cheaper than or in line with current market price. I wouldn't count on people seeking high end corals for absurdly low prices, but there are certainly deals to be had.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
Losirk

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I'll see you there. I'm guessing you'll have your own vendor booth?

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I'll see you there. I'm guessing you'll have your own vendor booth?
No I will not have a vendor booth. I don't think that my boss will either. I'll probably be running around socializing as the club president.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Losirk Dont miss The Reef Gallery half off all livestock Black Friday and Small Business Saturday.

tyro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hit up reef gallery on Friday. Spent more money than I had intended. But scored some awesome frags. Got way more than I paid for. So far definitely my favorite place I've gotten corals.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back