live glass

  • Thread starter Thread starter knap_123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
It will feel a little rubbery when you take it out. But once it cools it will be hard! Now I rinse off what I coualdnt Shaw off. Keep shake offs for nectar project.
 
This an interesting idea. There aren't a lot of places in the world where you can't see human impacts. Plenty of glass in the sea. I really like the look of these. A lightly sandblasted blue bottle would look awesome.
 
Now I actually soaked in really warm water on stove for awhile. Helps dissolve salt then I put in back of toilet tank. I check it every other day by rinseing off and putting my tongue to it. I know, weird! But its clean water and I rinse it off. But if I taste salt faintly, back in it goes. And every time I check its less and less. And more and more holes from dissolving salt. Or just put a bottle in tank and now do all this.
 
Last edited:
I think is cool. I have a yager nip in mine. U have to think about placement though. I had the bottle leaning on a rock and a hermet crab fell in and could not get out. I found it dead inside. dont know how long it was in there but the water inside was nasty.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new