Live rock placement

whoisLP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm brand new to this hobby and this is my first build. Are the rocks at a good location or should they be moved? Didn't know if they were too close to the glass or not.

8666ae873a136262170d39eb91c70dd5.jpg

12564568840530fd5e11b267b04d04b2.jpg

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the madness! You're in the right place for sound advice and helpful people. Congrats on the new venture! As long as they are a solid structure, safe from toppling over and enough space between them and glass for a magnetic cleaner you should be good. Also, are they touching the glass on the bottom or sitting on sand? If sitting on sand, keep in mind that any sand dwellers may disturb the sand under the rocks leading to instability.

OP
OP
whoisLP

whoisLP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the madness! You're in the right place for sound advice and helpful people. Congrats on the new venture! As long as they are a solid structure, safe from toppling over and enough space between them and glass for a magnetic cleaner you should be good. Also, are they touching the glass on the bottom or sitting on sand? If sitting on sand, keep in mind that any sand dwellers may disturb the sand under the rocks leading to instability.

Thanks for the feedback Maddness. I did put the sand in first but made sure I wiggled the rock deep enough to touch the glass. I'll have to check if my magnetic cleaner clears the rock though. Didn't think of that. Thanks again!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 164 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back