*** Live with Reef2Reef Video Series? We need your ideas! ***

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a Reef Crashers series? Kinda like Yard Crashers, find unsuspecting reefers in LFS’s around the country that are asking for help, go home with them upgrade their systems building in solutions to their problems. Not sure if the logistics would work but it would be cool.

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mdbannister @revhtree

It really depends on what style of video you're talking about:

* EDUCATIONAL style, where you teach the basics of reefing, techniques

* DOCUMENTARY style, where you interview a reefer and show their tank and methodology

* MARKETING style, where you show the latest in products that will spur sales for that vendor.

* EXPERIMENT style, where you take on a problem/frustration and try to solve it, MythBuster style, i.e. BRSinvestigates

What's your target audience?

* Newbies? Then the Educational style is what you want (but I tell ya... when you tell ppl how to run their tanks, the intermediate/advanced reefers will show no mercy in their opinions)

* Intermediate? Documentary, Marketing

* Advanced? Experiments

Last edited:

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a Reef Crashers series? Kinda like Yard Crashers, find unsuspecting reefers in LFS’s around the country that are asking for help, go home with them upgrade their systems building in solutions to their problems. Not sure if the logistics would work but it would be cool.

In TV..... there is no such thing as "unsuspecting anything".

EVERY reality series on every channel is scripted out months in advance

Take the show, American Pickers.

You think Mike and Fred just stumble onto a property? aaaaah, no.

A picking location is auditioned months in advance by Producers who visit the property, interview the people. They spend untold hours in Production meetings deciding what properties make-the-cut.

Once they decide on a property they then send in Staff to thoroughly "pick" thru the property to know what's there. Weeeeeeell in advance of any TV Production Crew rolling video.

When Mike and Fred show up, they already know where the good picks are located on the property.

Everything is scripted my friend bc the hourly cost of staffing a Production Crew ONSITE is tremendously high dollar

Last edited:

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In TV..... there is no such thing as "unsuspecting anything".

EVERY reality series on every channel is scripted out months in advance

Take the show, American Pickers.

You think Mike and Fred just stumble onto a property? aaaaah, no.

A picking location is auditioned months in advance by Producers who visit the property, interview the people. Then Production Staff thoroughly "pick" thru the property to know what's there. Weeeeeeell in advance of any TV Production Crew rolling video.

When Mike and Fred show up, they already know where the good picks are located on the property.

Everything is scripted my friend bc the hourly cost of staffing a Production Crew onsite is tremendously high dollar

Where there’s a will there’s a way.
I get how reality tv works as I think most people do, but it still works. Maybe don’t steak out a LFS, pick an AIO order from BRS or Marine Depot and set them up for a “surprise upgrade with custom install with Rev and Randy” and film it. Show the phone call from Rev’s side, site eval, design work at the shop and the return/install/reveal. I don’t know all the details, it was just an idea.

Britney New-Day

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spotlights on coral. Fragging, placement, requirements, shots of what it looks like grown out.... First year into the hobby. Visuals are always nice.

panui22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would love to see the current price of coral discus any the reason why prices have sky rocketed. Is it because we pay them, is it a shortage of coral, etc...?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Everything is scripted my friend bc the hourly cost of staffing a Production Crew ONSITE is tremendously high dollar

OH NNNOOOOOOoooooo. You mean "Reality TV is NOT REAL!!!!!. OMG. I am beside myself and will never watch TV again. Just when I wanted to see what the Bachler's favorite fish is. :oops: What will they eat on "Naked and Afraid" :eek: And why they have to be Naked (except for the 3 cameramen I assume)

And when all those people walk into PAWN STARS with that weird stuff it is scripted? I thought it was all just coincidence. OMG. :p

Lolipop0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the idea of doing a beginner series for people just getting into the saltwater hobby. (I.e. me a few months ago).

OneFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely would love to see some high-def videos/tours of some of the more famous reefers and businesses setups!

MikeO5422

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A series on:
  • Pests and/or hitchhikers and/or sponges (just generally usual stuff)
  • Plumbing overflows
  • Auto testers
  • Coral fragging and shipping

Deezreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to see specific coral care, trouble shooting, basic needs regarding parameters/lighting/flow,etc

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing for beginners.
-mixing salt, how to store, shelf life
-bare bottom or not
-equipment
-how to pick rock
-tank cycle
-adding livestock
-acclimating stock
-how to keep a long term tank

ALSO something i really enjoy
-coral fragging.

drcole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see a behind the scenes at the wholesaler. This could cover both fish and corals, quarantining and prophylactic medications.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back