• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Liveaquaria changes 14 day policy

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can agree with this. I purchased 2 tank bred clowns, 4 tank bred azure damsels, 1 pyramid butterfly, and 1 flame hawk. The clowns, and azure damsels looked great at first, then the next day or so saw flukes on a clown. The clowns and 2 azure damsels died within a few days, and then the butterfly died. I will not ever purchase and QT tank bred and wild caught fish together again. I might try ordering fish from them again because of their guarantee and customer service was excellent. I did order a CUC that comes in on Friday. But truthfully I prefer getting critters from my LFS.

you should quarantine the CUC. I did that and I'm pretty sure that's how my tank got vermetid snails. Got them from LA, and a few months later, I see them all over my rocks. My experience with LA has been pretty crappy to say the least...the customer support has been great, but the product....not so much.

I know not QT'ing the CUC is my fault. I usually order from reefcleaners, who I know has a fallow system for inverts. never had any issues. 1 order from LA and all hell breaks loose.

Live and learn.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should quarantine the CUC. I did that and I'm pretty sure that's how my tank got vermetid snails. Got them from LA, and a few months later, I see them all over my rocks. My experience with LA has been pretty crappy to say the least...the customer support has been great, but the product....not so much.

I know not QT'ing the CUC is my fault. I usually order from reefcleaners, who I know has a fallow system for inverts. never had any issues. 1 order from LA and all hell breaks loose.

Live and learn.
Thanks for the heads up. I am going to place then in my invert QT. The interesting thing is I learned last night that the trochus I ordered from LA is coming from a third party. I presumed they came from their fish warehouse.

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after 6 days of what seems to be healthy and eating fine, the purple tang has passed away in the QT. this is my 2nd purple tang that passes away after almost a week of no sign abnormality.....

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a cleaning crew package and UPS had a mechanical failure that delayed the package by 24 hours.
I emailed LA and wanted them to know so. When the package arrived the next day and upon opening the box, everything was ice cold, every CUC bag was murky brown, strong stench of death odor, and heat pack was cold.
I again emailed them and they replied that they wanted me to still acclimate the order into my tank. I replied that I was not going to do that since it was pretty obvious that the entire order was DOA. I even said that I was not going to open the bags and stink up my house, they said no refund then.
I said no problem but after 20 years of my business, it has come to a halt.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 x Lyretail Anthias Female (Maldives) (small) looked good at first but didn't make it past two nights. Sent photos and got refunds.
1 x Bicolor Blenny (Sri Lanka) doing great
1 x Lyretail Anthias Male (Maldives) (medium) arrived one day later (same order) looking more robust and is doing well

So... yesterday I re-ordered.
2 x Lyretail Anthias Female (Maldives) (medium)
And from Divers Den:
1 x Ruby Longfin Fairy Wrasse
Added one Electric Blue Hermit Crab to get just over the free shipping threshold.
Applied a 20% off coupon code and my $8 loyalty rewards so I'm pretty happy with the final sticker price.

Now my challenge is QT facility - I've got copper up in the first QT already, so I need to use a different tank for the new fishies.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lose some fish from them at times but its always the ones that come out of the bag having issues, like difficulty swimming already or soars, very red gills, ect. Others do great and I have them many months/years later.

I just float the bag and plop them in. I use a QT but it is cycled and has live rock and macroalgae in it. I treat all fish with prazipro and don't treat with anything else unless I see something wrong. I have removed the macro and treated with CP before (leaving the rock) which is my preferred method. I let the tank go follow between buying new fish. My QT process is a little different but the fish get super comfortable in their "QT tank" since it is very natural looking and houses a lot of pods.

I didn't know about the policy change as I put the body on the packing slip and send a photo anyways as I always thought it was good courtesy to do so. Then I would put them in the freezer just in case.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back