• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Liveaquaria changes 14 day policy

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of few days ago, Liveaquaria has changed their 14 day policy on dead specimens. Before you just call it in and get replacement shipped or credit, now they will require a photo uploaded with dead specimen out of water/tank on a white background.
No replacements will be offered just credit.
From their website:

• In the case of a loss, please contact our Customer Service Department here as soon as the loss occurs (including any loss upon arrival). To take advantage of the guarantee, follow the steps outlined below within your guarantee timeframe:
    • Attach a digital photo of the loss. The specimen should be photographed out of the shipping bag or aquarium and on a white background.
    • Include your name, order number, and item number of deceased specimen.
  • Please preserve the deceased specimen by placing it in a plastic bag, sprinkling a teaspoon of salt over it, and then freezing, in the event we would ask for the return of your specimen. You may discard the remains after we have processed your claim and sent you a verification email.

I guess some people were taking advantage of them not asking for any proof. This is pretty much a policy from all vendors and some go as far as requiring a 30 sec video of dead fish out of water. Although i had always sent email and pic of dead fish to get credit on file or replacement as a habit/common practice from all other vendors.
what do you think?

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am happy they are requiring verification. I for one do not want them to eliminate the 14 day guarantee, and IMO the only way to maintain is to be make sure everyone is being honest. Just bought 5 fish and 10 inverts from an online seller with just DOA guarantee. He was definitely inexpensive but two inverts and one fish died within a day. A cheap dead fish is a lot more costly than an expensive living fish. In hindsight I should have bought them from liveaquaria.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes sense. I did really like how easy it was before though. It's already upsetting to find a dead fish and it was refreshing talking with their customer service who didn't want to play 20 questions or try to blame me.

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just noticed their new policy. hopefully not too many hoops to jump through for the doa/14-day guarantee.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess some people were taking advantage of them not asking for any proof. This is pretty much a policy from all vendors and some go as far as requiring a 30 sec video of dead fish out of water. Although i had always sent email and pic of dead fish to get credit on file or replacement as a habit/common practice from all other vendors.
what do you think?

Saw this last week or so.

It does not bother me but makes me sick people do this garbage.

I am going on a cruise and wanted a drink package but now they require both in a room to take a drink package..
Sandy drinks about 3 drinks and she is gone. I am not spending another 40 dollars or so for her to maybe drink 3 drink in a day and all because people were sharing their drink packages.
Drink packages were per person not per room.

Last edited:

Jr'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if the CUC grabs them after they die, before we notice. I wonder if half a eaten fish still qualifies. Regardless I agree with the new policy, except maybe freezing the fish to send it in. Lol

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if the CUC grabs them after they die, before we notice. I wonder if half a eaten fish still qualifies. Regardless I agree with the new policy, except maybe freezing the fish to send it in. Lol
Well typically quarantining the fish is something we should be doing so it shouldn't be a problem....my thoughts anyway.

408Dartfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my first DOA from LA and the process was pretty easy. I also wanted a replacement but a refund is good with me. Dustin

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I support their decision. They have a good supply and it’s a fair policy. Nothing wrong with a credit back on your card.

What more can you really ask for.

Plus they have good customer service.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much what saltwater fish has done for years. I had a DOA from them years ago and did the photo as described above and did the salt/freeze thingy.

The only part that perturbed me was that I had to pay for shipping when I ordered something at a later date which was not part of their 'store credit policy'. I believe in the credit but not double shipping as it is with SW.com

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I support their decision. They have a good supply and it’s a fair policy. Nothing wrong with a credit back on your card.

What more can you really ask for.

Plus they have good customer service.

Maybe I misunderstood. Are they refunding back to one's card or store credit?

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have always credited my card back, so I am assuming that hasn't changed. In the OP, it just says you get a credit, so I guess I didn't read it well enough?

So......I'm not sure?

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

back to the card. I've become a regular to their customer service for perished fish.

ordered 8 barrier reef chromis delivered labor day weekend, and I have 3 left. I just don't think Live Aquaria fish are healthy as my QT procedure has worked for every non-LA fish (zero deaths), but every LA fish I've bought has never survived to the display tank.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have always credited my card back, so I am assuming that hasn't changed. In the OP, it just says you get a credit, so I guess I didn't read it well enough?

So......I'm not sure?

I have never had a DOA from LA or DD and was just basing my assumption on SWF policy. I hope they do credit the account and not store credit. Did they reimburse the amount including shipping? Thanks for the response.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G
back to the card. I've become a regular to their customer service for perished fish.

ordered 8 barrier reef chromis delivered labor day weekend, and I have 3 left. I just don't think Live Aquaria fish are healthy as my QT procedure has worked for every non-LA fish (zero deaths), but every LA fish I've bought has never survived to the display tank.
Good to read back to the card. I hate to read of the losses you've had though.

Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
La will credit you either by back on card or store credit or send replacement up to your choice.
SW will only credit back on card if it's a doa reported with in first few hours of delivery after that it's credit on file and yes they will charge shipping again unless you order another order over their free shipping amount.

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G

Good to read back to the card. I hate to read of the losses you've had though.

Thanks for the info.

LA asked me for my procedure, I told them what I did, and for some reason they were hell bent on knowing what my Strontium/Manganese numbers were...I said, there's no corals in the QT, just fish, those elements have no bearing on fish health.

So far, it's 2 Firefish, 1 Midas Blenny (divers den), 6 blue gudgeon gobies, 5 flasher wrasse, and now 5 barrier reef chromis (2 of the remaining 3 do not look good, so that's liable to jump to 7 out of the 8).

I wanted to give Live Aquaria one last shot, and if these chromis don't make it, I will never purchase another fish from @LiveAquaria because there's clearly something running amiss with their fish.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my Achilles died they sent me 10 question email with bunch that had nothing to do with fish like strodium and mag etc.
I filled it sent it back followed it by phone and was told I will hear back. They never emailed or called back but issued credit on card.
I don't buy from them anymore. I have had nothing but sick infested fish lately from them.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back