• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Liveaquaria changes 14 day policy

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
La will credit you either by back on card or store credit or send replacement up to your choice.
SW will only credit back on card if it's a doa reported with in first few hours of delivery after that it's credit on file and yes they will charge shipping again unless you order another order over their free shipping amount.
Good to know.

Thank you.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my Achilles died they sent me 10 question email with bunch that had nothing to do with fish like strodium and mag etc.
I filled it sent it back followed it by phone and was told I will hear back. They never emailed or called back but issued credit on card.
I don't buy from them anymore. I have had nothing but sick infested fish lately from them.

Wowser. Nothing like getting the third degree.

Sorry about your Acanthurus achilles and to read of the sick fishes.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they "changed" the 14 day policy. Does this mean no more 14 days? The terms changed & cancelled are 2 different things. As for the pic & all . I have no problem with that at all.

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my Achilles died they sent me 10 question email with bunch that had nothing to do with fish like strodium and mag etc.
I filled it sent it back followed it by phone and was told I will hear back. They never emailed or called back but issued credit on card.
I don't buy from them anymore. I have had nothing but sick infested fish lately from them.

Same thing, never heard from them again.

OP
OP
Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cracker
They still offer 14 day live guarantee. Just changed the procedure by adding extra step of sending in a pic of dead.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never knew they didn't require a picture - it's pretty standard across all vendors. I've always sent in a picture when I contacted them about a dead fish during the guarantee.

Dmsick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its hard to complain about having to prove something, especially a dead animal in order to receive a warranty. I've purchased 5 fish from LA/DD in the last couple months, including a magnificent foxface and a purple tang. All the fish have been healthy. I will certainly buy from them again.

Monkeytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no problem with supplying a picture. If I were them, I would want to see some proof. I just received two orders I placed within a week. I got a $50 gift card from one and turned around and used it right away. I had three of six clams die within the first couple of days, and one DOA fish. The box had a leak and was wrapped in plastic to contain the spill when UPS delivered it. I hadn't seen their changed policy, so seeing this probably saved me some hassle. I took the pictures and just e-mailed them. Thanks for this post!

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have no problem with pictures. however, unfortunately in my case, my tang passed away on saturday and although i took picture to proof to them the deceased animal. my dumb a-$-$ threw the body into the trashcan. by the time i got the reply from them for the return shipment of the body, my waste-management has already picked up the trash this morning. (i literally bolted home to try to beat the trash truck but no avail.) totally my fault for not ready the 2nd condition or at least wait for their response before i toss away the body.

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spoke to the rep at LA and she was very accommodating. Having said that, she stated that I cannot be refunded due to a lack of body even with the picture of the body that they have on file. I think she said that it’s absolutely required for a fish that’s more than $150. They didn’t do anything wrong and I don’t want to appear to be criticizing them for the new policy. It’s just a $150 lesson about preserving the body for those of you Who has doubt about tossing the body later on.

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spoke to the rep at LA and she was very accommodating. Having said that, she stated that I cannot be refunded due to a lack of body even with the picture of the body that they have on file. I think she said that it’s absolutely required for a fish that’s more than $150. They didn’t do anything wrong and I don’t want to appear to be criticizing them for the new policy. It’s just a $150 lesson about preserving the body for those of you Who has doubt about tossing the body later on.
That's understandable...I'd like clarification on what they deem a body if CUC went to town already etc. A missing eyeball+ fins would they still accept that?

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I've always kept the bodies of dead fish until after the claim went through but I never thought they actually asked you to send it in.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the problems with a refund is that if you bought a fish on sale, and/or with a coupon... you’d have to reorder it at full price.

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I've always kept the bodies of dead fish until after the claim went through but I never thought they actually asked you to send it in.

Yup. Got the return shipping label and everything...guess I got spoiled by the old policy and need to adjust to the new one.

Last edited:

CODE3EMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I can clearly understand and support the new policy........... LiveAquaria is seriously over priced IMO. You all realize the reason you get a 14 day guarantee and that "warm fuzzy" is because you are essentially buying the fish twice...sometimes 3 times, as well as an airline ticket in the bowels of a UPS Boeing 767. While I have always had a pleasant experience with LiveAquaria and their excellent customer service.......... their prices are just absurd. There are many shops here in the Northern CA area who have outstanding livestock and excellent service. Neptune Aquatics in San Jose, is one that stands out. I would buy my corals from Jason Fox, World Wide Corals, Unique Corals, Battle Corals, before I spent $200 on a 2 inch frag from LiveAquaria. There fish and corals are nice, no argument there. But IMO, they need to get real with their pricing.

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i spent an hour on the phone with Renee, and she was fantastic because after coming home to find another dead Reef Chromis (that's now 6/8), I wanted to know if I was doing something wrong, or if the issue lies with the overall health of the Live Aquaria specimens.

Long story short, after talking to her we both believe that there's an issue with the Live Aquaria fish that are being sent out, especially since I haven't had a single death with fish purchased elsewhere, only the Live Aquaria fish.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I got burned on a colony I purchased. In the past all my delivery's would arrive before noon, but on the latest order it arrived at 5pm. I called at 4pm to report that the order was missing only to find out that this will be the new norm (cheaper ship service) so upon opening the box I imediently noticed that the contents were HOT and the water was cloudy and ofcource that ACRO smell. so I called and they needed pictures. I email them and they said it still had flesh ect and to keep them posted, well it lasted 3 weeks then croaked. Lesson learned, next time finish the job before the warranty expires. FYI I took this pic after I put the coral in the tank and called, aprox 20 min.
20180828_180144.jpg

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I got home from work and the last 2 fish have died in QT. That makes 21 (I think) that have never made it into the display tank.

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im suprrised to see so many jump to their defense. Here is my experience with them:

All of my animals, save for two, are now dead. Some died within the 14day guarantee, others a few months later. I only kept going back to them because they were willing to replace the animal. I won’t anymore. Especially if I have to put them in salt and ship them back just to prove I’m not scamming them.

I’ve lost around 10 animals from them and I assure you that I ain’t scamming anyone!

Something ain’t right with their fish. Many are already adults that have little time left, others are probably cyanide caught.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back