Living up to my name

HumuhumuFan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
292
Reaction score
258
Location
Syracuse, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So happy to bring this guy home today. Took the picture just after he absolutely demolished some mysis shrimp. It’s nice to have an enthusiastic eater after dealing with my finicky yellow tang.

309a1b44ec50bf8178fd257e3733a539.jpg
 
So happy to bring this guy home today. Took the picture just after he absolutely demolished some mysis shrimp. It’s nice to have an enthusiastic eater after dealing with my finicky yellow tang.

309a1b44ec50bf8178fd257e3733a539.jpg
Nice Rhinecanthus rectangulus ! Did they not have humuhumu’s aka Rhinecanthus aculeatus? Beautiful fish either way!
 
Wow that’s a good looking fish. I wish I had a tank large enough!
Same here. Rectangulars get massive!! Over a foot! The 180g recommendation on live Aquaria is way off, I’d say 300g+!
 
Nice Rhinecanthus rectangulus ! Did they not have humuhumu’s aka Rhinecanthus aculeatus? Beautiful fish either way!
Actually, in Hawaiian both fish are called humuhumunukunukuapua'a and both are considered to be the state fish. I was actually surprised by that the first time I visited there. I saw way more rectangulus there, so that's what I wanted to get.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new