Lobo Receding

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture that has more blue is from 4/30/2021. The other 2 pictures are from today. Parameters are from 5/2/2021. The only real change in the last week is the addition of a roller mat filter and nitrates have gone from 23.7 to .05. We turned off the ATS to try to let the Nitrates come back up a little. I am getting ready to give it an iodine dip and I will be raising it off the sand with a small rock that has a nice crevice that the skeleton will fit in. It has been in our tank for 51 days and is normally nice and puffy. The Trachy, Meat Coral and Symphillia (sp?) are all happy and puffy. Yes I know there is some gravel on it - our Goatfish likes to scatter gravel but this has never had an ill effect before. The "tear" at the top has always been there - there was a feather duster growing there when we bought it at the LFS but our wrasse ate that within moments of tank intro so that has nothing to do with the current situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG-2442.jpg
IMG-2505.jpg
IMG-2506.jpg
IMG-2504.PNG

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture that has more blue is from 4/30/2021. The other 2 pictures are from today. Parameters are from 5/2/2021. The only real change in the last week is the addition of a roller mat filter and nitrates have gone from 23.7 to .05. We turned off the ATS to try to let the Nitrates come back up a little. I am getting ready to give it an iodine dip and I will be raising it off the sand with a small rock that has a nice crevice that the skeleton will fit in. It has been in our tank for 51 days and is normally nice and puffy. The Trachy, Meat Coral and Symphillia (sp?) are all happy and puffy. Yes I know there is some gravel on it - our Goatfish likes to scatter gravel but this has never had an ill effect before. The "tear" at the top has always been there - there was a feather duster growing there when we bought it at the LFS but our wrasse ate that within moments of tank intro so that has nothing to do with the current situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG-2442.jpg
IMG-2505.jpg
IMG-2506.jpg
IMG-2504.PNG
What food have you been feeding it?

My lobo loves thawed Reef Frenzy and pellets, but mine will only eat at night after lights have been off for at least an hour. We had to adjust our lights to end a bit earlier so we could stay up late enough to feed our lobo. My BF prefers simplicity of feeding pellets, and since I am usually drifting off to sleep when feeding happens, I don't have much of a say in food. I'd rather we not be feeding pellets... those were bought for shrimp when they lived in sump growing big enough to be introduced into our DT... Shrimp also try to steal all food we sit on lobo before it has a chance to close up on food, so we have to put out extra food for shrimp and keep an eye on lobo until its eaten.

OP
OP
Trouble1375

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What food have you been feeding it?

My lobo loves thawed Reef Frenzy and pellets, but mine will only eat at night after lights have been off for at least an hour. We had to adjust our lights to end a bit earlier so we could stay up late enough to feed our lobo. My BF prefers simplicity of feeding pellets, and since I am usually drifting off to sleep when feeding happens, I don't have much of a say in food. I'd rather we not be feeding pellets... those were bought for shrimp when they lived in sump growing big enough to be introduced into our DT... Shrimp also try to steal all food we sit on lobo before it has a chance to close up on food, so we have to put out extra food for shrimp and keep an eye on lobo until its eaten.
We don't have any shrimp in our tank because the wrasses take advantage of them when they are molting.

We feed phytoplankton and zooplankton twice a week, a mix of reef roids, mysis and baby brine once a week (target feed the big guys then broadcast and let sit for 30 minutes with pumps off - this happens about an hour before lights go off but they are 2 hours into ramp down and the sun corals open and feed at that time), Red Sea AB+ twice a week. The fish get frozen food twice a day - Ocean Nutrition multi-pack which includes Formula 1, Formula 2, Spirulina Formula, Prime Reef and Brine Shrimp Plus - 2 cubes morning and 3 evening. If our LFS has live brine I pick up a container of those once a week and direct feed the corals that eat them and broadcast for the fish.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't have any shrimp in our tank because the wrasses take advantage of them when they are molting.

We feed phytoplankton and zooplankton twice a week, a mix of reef roids, mysis and baby brine once a week (target feed the big guys then broadcast and let sit for 30 minutes with pumps off - this happens about an hour before lights go off but they are 2 hours into ramp down and the sun corals open and feed at that time), Red Sea AB+ twice a week. The fish get frozen food twice a day - Ocean Nutrition multi-pack which includes Formula 1, Formula 2, Spirulina Formula, Prime Reef and Brine Shrimp Plus - 2 cubes morning and 3 evening. If our LFS has live brine I pick up a container of those once a week and direct feed the corals that eat them and broadcast for the fish.
So, does the lobo have it's feelers out and do you see it eat the thawed cube food you put on top of your lobo? I understand you feed your fish, and I understand there is broadcast food, but I'm not understanding if your lobo is eating.

I can be in a restaurant with great food, but if no one serves any food, I can sit hungry. Trying to understand what your lobo is eating that is meaty and directly on lobo, because if it is eating then lobo wouldn't be receding...

Mine will only eat an hour or so after lights off. Like you, I can get my sun coral to eat during day, but not my lobo.

Shankpa1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG-2442.jpg
IMG-2505.jpg
IMG-2506.jpg
IMG-2504.PNG
that is really peculiar

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.0%
Back