Local aquarium stores in or near Central Maryland?

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago I strictly did business with the aquarium center, but unfortunately they are now longer around. I've checked out both the fish place in Lancaster, PA and house of tropics in Glen Bernie, MD. Both was show signs of alot of aptishia and other pests. I would prefer to stick with local sellers before ordering online. Anyone have any suggestions to check?

WarChief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago I strictly did business with the aquarium center, but unfortunately they are now longer around. I've checked out both the fish place in Lancaster, PA and house of tropics in Glen Bernie, MD. Both was show signs of alot of aptishia and other pests. I would prefer to stick with local sellers before ordering online. Anyone have any suggestions to check?
Did you find any better options???

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find any better options???
No, but I ended up getting most of my stock from Glen Burnie, after talking with the staff, they have addressed alot of thing people have been talking about. So far haven't had any issues myself.

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today’s Pet in Elkridge used to be good back around 2007. Haven’t been since I moved in 2007 but I know their focus was on their dog sales. May be worth a look possibly

House of Tropicals used to be amazing, again speaking from 2004-2007. Sounds like they may be a 50/50 shot now

WarChief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but I ended up getting most of my stock from Glen Burnie, after talking with the staff, they have addressed alot of thing people have been talking about. So far haven't had any issues myself.
I got my two clownfish from House of tropicals. My thing is I didn't QT them and wanted to get another couple in the tank this week. I don't have a QT setup and want fish that I am relatively certain aren't sick or have issues as I will likely throw them right in the tank... So I am wondering the same about shops. Id pay more to have fish I know aren't sick and can go straight in the tank,

OP
OP
Marksmen_09

Marksmen_09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my two clownfish from House of tropicals. My thing is I didn't QT them and wanted to get another couple in the tank this week. I don't have a QT setup and want fish that I am relatively certain aren't sick or have issues as I will likely throw them right in the tank... So I am wondering the same about shops. Id pay more to have fish I know aren't sick and can go straight in the tank,
I've gotten everything but my clowns from them, so far everything seems healthy

MariahP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be quite a drive for you, but I’m a Reef eScape super fan - they’re out in Fairfax VA. They quarantine their fish before selling them to you and are happy to special order things. May be worth the drive if you want to skip the QT process yourself.

minorhero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For coral, join one of the Maryland saltwater hobbyist Facebook groups and make a post asking for specific types of coral. You will get several responses very quickly. Prices will be half of what the stores charge and frankly at least as nice.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back