Location, location, location?

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided that the 65g just isn't going to be big enough. So I have decided to upgrade to a 180g. Planning has started with a goal start date of Feb 2022. 1st question is on the tank, Center overflow or 2 corner overflows? I know people dis the Aqueons and Marinelands but I very happy with the tanks that I have had from them. I am not opposed to a "custom" tank but question why when there are other "ready made" options. Does the location of the Overflow really matter and if so why/how?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided that the 65g just isn't going to be big enough. So I have decided to upgrade to a 180g. Planning has started with a goal start date of Feb 2022. 1st question is on the tank, Center overflow or 2 corner overflows? I know people dis the Aqueons and Marinelands but I very happy with the tanks that I have had from them. I am not opposed to a "custom" tank but question why when there are other "ready made" options. Does the location of the Overflow really matter and if so why/how?
My personal choice would be corner overflows based purely on looks. Rather not have something in the middle of the tank.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overflows are easier to access near the sides, whether external or internal. I agree with above, it's easier to manage flow on a 6' tank without an obstacle right dead center.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back