Locations to Collect Chasmodes Blennies?

I finally got out for my first trip this year, almost a month earlier than last year. We found two male Chasmodes bosquianus, in oyster shells, guarding eggs! Here is a pic of one of the males sporting his spawning coloration:
IMG_E9525_zpsyeacyur5.jpg

We also found a skilletfish (Gobiesox strumosus) and a naked goby (Gobiosoma bosc) in oyster shells, guarding eggs. This was our first trip ever that we found all three species in shells guarding eggs!
 
Yeah I saw that!! I went yesterday for a while when we were at the beach. We had a little sargassum rolling in. I got a smooth puffer that is about the size of my pinky nail a pipefish too small to tell what kind yet and a few sargassum shrimp.

I also got so sargassum crabs and nudibranchs but didn't keep them. I am still trying out how to feed the nudis.
 
Hey @Josh Carter guess what I got for you!?!?

It is another springy fish!!:D

I will try an post pictures later!!
 
Last edited:
dUOLcc_5Ia_GjMycQaimx2pC8TfwcwmX1IzfMffH7NSOUdMjpBKL0BxhOIW8rVMtHoPwUpXI1GqdY8qF3a9XQWjAsStjYhWb7SF30a9g4z56svgJhqheleTGeZV1rnEq8A9rw4XmGuHZIvzG5BkLr5jmSDqX4NCLRglPnIV6_31WYfWplu-Z-Sal4qQglxtfs29sVnGkjEp7GnRkGIPyLVcRWllyuS6pDhas1W32Yb4eZoIpSni-FddKed4_m85ZB3Kr_E6GOqbzN3NIiY6qgI7Rujx6TWlkEfIGSN-jXN5xlYXMZmx3J_x81gOcWgb8yRzOJcX-kWqjxY_YDreSVplzflhefVGylU-dkw0pHBY1aQ8SZnR3aJFBtw8b5QRL5A-ihtmnvvw5rBKg077_224VPM_4z6ODjySqo6SAwi-uvklN_SucffByzXhMw6aTtxvGrzhfP6gdY0jpTfV7SmuFamW_FUg7__T82VUKzxUhkj5s1Dq4EkmFcf5PzvaKRJW8rrE7zSM6O1Ls3WCf3MRv5Rn6gkWZVwK-Rf8tcXaUSvKI9f9ye8MuphbNzzpQngbhn2JTgtAmcZlGo4Wasg5oz7VoM1NTHGYASMQ=w359-h637-no


Horrible picture and colors are dull due to it being i a white bucket for a couple hours!! He is doing fine this morning and coloring up nice... still hard to get a picture just yet!!
 
Yes!! It will color up a little more hopefully and I will try and get a couple more when I get home. I wish josh would get on here and make sure I didn't misidentified it!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new