Locline leaking

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by joporeefpro, Oct 24, 2017.

1. joporeefpro

joporeefpro Well-Known Member

Anyone else have locline leaking? Any fixes for this? Silicone gasket grease help?

[​IMG]

JakesReef209 likes this.
    Tags:

2. SandJ

SandJ Well-Known Member

How are you using the locline? The only way I have ever used it was for directing the flow from the return pump, and then the locline is under water and the leak does not matter.

crabs_mcjones and S-t-r-e-t-c-h like this.
  3. joporeefpro

It is just coming from the schedule 80 from the return pump to the inlet on the tank... 12” max but unfortunately I ended up stopping the schedule 80 too far from the side of the tank... I guess I might have to re plumb the end of the output... 17FF2220-1166-4C05-9D7B-0E6807E84D25.jpeg

4. WWIII

WWIII Well-Known Member

Yeah unfortunately I don't think it's made to be absolutely water tight. I guarantee you can find a male threaded schedule 80 to bridge the gap with some pvc, or if it's easier, just cut off and re-plumb.

5. GK3

GK3 Well-Known Member

Loc line is definitely not designed to be water tight. It is plastic on plastic with no gasket. Over time, or even right away, it won’t be a perfect fit and some water will leak. Remember, loc line was originally purposed for pumping by coolant onto machines parts.

If you are running loc line over a place where you can’t have water leaking, I’d replace it with solid PVC piping and then add the loc line at the end where some water leakage is acceptable.

crabs_mcjones likes this.
  6. SandJ

SandJ Well-Known Member

Doh! Yes, it looks like you may have to extend that small section of plumbing. With all the electronics under the tank, you will not want any water dripping.
    Any project I do involving plumbing (hone or tank) involves taking at least one thing back apart and 10 trips to Lowe’s.

7. joporeefpro

I actually laughed out loud at this how true it is! Thanks! I needed the laugh

Bulk Reef Supply likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted