Loctite Thin Super Glue for Aquascaping?

Saluki2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried this glue for aquascaping usin the thin CA glue and sand/crushed rock method?

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thin will just run off like water. If you can pile the sand around in a way you can let gravity flow of the thin CA, it might work. Turn you structure on its side and work your way around it. Worth a try but I think it will be messy. You might try mixing thick and thin together

OP
OP
Saluki2003

Saluki2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thin will just run off like water. If you can pile the sand around in a way you can let gravity flow of the thin CA, it might work. Turn you structure on its side and work your way around it. Worth a try but I think it will be messy. You might try mixing thick and thin together
The thin CA and crushed dry rock powder like this.

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I understand it thin glue can be made into a "putty" by adding bicarb of soda, I would google that to make sure, but aeroplne propellors are repaired using that method.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't understand the video, so I didn't watch it all. I assume they are saying it works so are you asking if that brand is ok? Yes

OP
OP
Saluki2003

Saluki2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't understand the video, so I didn't watch it all. I assume they are saying it works so are you asking if that brand is ok? Yes
I thought I posted the one with subtitles. The glue they use penetrates into the crushed Marco rock powder and quick sets it like a mortar. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it with this glue?

Here’s a couple other videos of the process.

Glue Masters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We also just joined the forums after Tidal Gardens review, please pm me if you are interested in thin ca, we have special discount for r2r community members. Happy to serve :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back