OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the BRS rock. It was a great price and the pieces fit together really well, in some cases, it looks like one big rock in my aquarium. I like the reef saver rock much better than their Fiji rock. The Fiji rock is much more dense and lacks interesting crevasses/bumps/etc on the rock. I cycled this rock for around 4 months in its own system. I think that it went through the entire cycle, towards the end coraline algae was starting to grow.

I am having a really hard time deciding when it is "time" to move stuff over to the new tank. Right now I have a small frag of my sunset milli and a frag of rommel watermellon acro in there (main colonies still in the old system). They seem to be pretty happy so far!

Parameters as of last night:
Ca 500
Mg 1400
Dkh 7
NO3 0
PO4 was .1 .... should be 0 now that I ran some phosban (also running some carbon).

The water is still a big cloudy. I think when I more or less dumped in an entire bucket of salt, I cause really high local pH and cause some precipitation of calcium carbonate. I did it again the other day when trying to booster the alkalinity, as I typically run it at around 10.

Needless to say, aside from mixing the dkh a bit lower than I like, the seachem reef salt mixed has excellent levels of Mg and Ca.

The FHI rock looks pretty nice, sounds like you can only get it through a LFS unless FHI are not distributing directly to consumers.

Last edited:

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far nice build. This build definately has a lot of potential. Im thinking about getting a custom miracles tank. Would you use them again for a custom tank?

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great setup! Impressive numbers on the Seachem salt. You're probably safe to start moving stuff in as long as the p04 stays down, but I understand your apprehension. The last time I tried to move acros during a build some colonies were lost.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the BRS rock. It was a great price and the pieces fit together really well, in some cases, it looks like one big rock in my aquarium. I like the reef saver rock much better than their Fiji rock. The Fiji rock is much more dense and lacks interesting crevasses/bumps/etc on the rock. I cycled this rock for around 4 months in its own system. I think that it went through the entire cycle, towards the end coraline algae was starting to grow.

I am having a really hard time deciding when it is "time" to move stuff over to the new tank. Right now I have a small frag of my sunset milli and a frag of rommel watermellon acro in there (main colonies still in the old system). They seem to be pretty happy so far!

Parameters as of last night:
Ca 500
Mg 1400
Dkh 7
NO3 0
PO4 was .1 .... should be 0 now that I ran some phosban (also running some carbon).

The water is still a big cloudy. I think when I more or less dumped in an entire bucket of salt, I cause really high local pH and cause some precipitation of calcium carbonate. I did it again the other day when trying to booster the alkalinity, as I typically run it at around 10.

Needless to say, aside from mixing the dkh a bit lower than I like, the seachem reef salt mixed has excellent levels of Mg and Ca.

The FHI rock looks pretty nice, sounds like you can only get it through a LFS unless FHI are not distributing directly to consumers.

Nice i will keep the BRS rock in mind...plus i have quite of points with them LOL. Yeah i noticed the LFS thing with FHI...i have been on the hunt for it locally to avoid shipping charges.
Looking forward to seeing this tank stocked soon!!

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far nice build. This build definately has a lot of potential. Im thinking about getting a custom miracles tank. Would you use them again for a custom tank?

Hard to say if I would go with them again or not, I need to see some other custom tanks in person.

WhoDey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dolfan check out Exotic on oakland park or Coral reef farm, they both have the FHI rock. In my opinion while it does have a good shape it weighs a ton and the coraline algae is a spray on epoxy..... It looks real from 10' away put once in your hand it looks fake as can be. Being 100% pink on all surfaces is a dead giveaway.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife took a quick video of the tank, everything was moved in just 3 days ago. Enjoy! I'll hopefully tank some nice pictures soon!

[video=youtube;oWGmw0abVaE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWGmw0abVaE[/video]

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First FTS! I think the color combo I have right now does really well for photos. This came straight out of my camera. Very close to the colors in person.

I am looking forward to everything coloring up. A few things already looks nice, though, like the blue tort (cali). All of these corals have been in my 110g stock tank for the past year, where there is no reflection from the sides or bottom of the tank.

I am currently running:
Blue+
Actinic
Fiji Purple
Blue+
Blue+
Blue+
Blue Special

june_2011_reef_fts_by_logzor-d3ikhf6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few coral shots!

Cali Blue Tort, Originally grow from a 1" fragment:
blue_tort_june_2011_by_logzor-d3imm36.jpg

Icefire:
icefire_june_2011_by_logzor-d3immcy.jpg

Pink Lemonade:
pink_lemonade_june_2011_by_logzor-d3immfr.jpg

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank looks really nice , love the rock work. and corals looking real nice.

Thanks!

I just picked up four sweet new acros from WWC. I need to take some pics!

These include:
WWC Rainbow Madess
WWC Sunshine Milli
Original Bubblegum Milli
ATL Red Polyp Clathera

Everything in the tank is doing well and showing decent growth. A few corals have become a bit more pale, I shut off my gfo/carbon to see if that will help.

Also, I began dosing Pohl's Extra, 2 ml per day to the tank. I am hoping this will help some with the color.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking awesome dude! Really clean and stocked with some very nice livestock, great job so far!

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added some new corals to the tank recently, these are from WWC, I bought them from the live sale.

WWC Rainbow Madness
Rainbow%252520Madness%252520Acropora.jpg

Original Bubblegum Milli
Original%252520Bubblegum%252520Milli.jpg

WWC Sunshine Milli
WWC%252520Sunshine%252520Milli.jpg

ATL Red Polyp Clathera
ATL%252520Red%252520Polyp%252520Clathera.jpg

So far the WWC Rainbow Madness and the Sunshine Milli are my favorites. I need to get a topdown of the sunshine milli, it has crazy orange tips, you can kind of see them in the photo.

Pictures taken under T5s:
4 Blue+
1 Fiji Purple
1 Actinic
1 Aquablue Special

Did auto color / contrast on a couple of the images to portray them more accurately.

So far stuff in the tank is looking pretty good. My alk dipped a bit low recently, an issue with my dosing pump. A couple corals browned out a bit. The tank is just around 1.5 months old (counting from the main tank move).

I have a nice ball of chaeto rolling in the sump, the algae on the rocks is very slowly being replace by coraline algae.

Last edited:

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking great!!!! you also picked up some great stuff from the WWC sale....

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! It was definitely worth staying up to get them.

I am really curious how the rainbow madness will grow out. Would love to see a shot of their colony.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back