Long polyp leather not happy...

dublinreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a long polyped sarcophyton and it was open nice and happy for the first few days. However it now looks unhappy and is not staying upright or extending its polyps. All other leathers are doing well in my tank. Just wondering if this is normal behaviour or something I should be worried about.

colejr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is currently doing the same thing after looking great for 4 months. Guessing they are getting ready to shed? I have another leather in my tank that shed right after getting it, but this one hasn't yet.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a long polyped sarcophyton and it was open nice and happy for the first few days. However it now looks unhappy and is not staying upright or extending its polyps. All other leathers are doing well in my tank. Just wondering if this is normal behaviour or something I should be worried about.
Normal process.
Assuming N and P are present and steady.

OP
OP
D

dublinreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is currently doing the same thing after looking great for 4 months. Guessing they are getting ready to shed? I have another leather in my tank that shed right after getting it, but this one hasn't yet.
hi colejr thanks for the response. I am pretty confident our leather corals are just shedding. Was just disappointed to see the leather looking bad after it was doing so well. Hopefully it will be back to full health in a few days.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back