Long term Acartia Tonsa culture?

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
834
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I expanded my copepod cultures to try some new species, Parvocalanus Crassieostris, Tigriopus Sirindhornae (warm water version of "Tigger pods) and Acartia Tonsa and the Parvo and WW "Tigger" pods are doing extremely well but the Acartia pods never took off and curious if anyone has had long term success with a culture?

I did tons of research on Parvo pods that are supposed to be hard and require different strainers to separate adults from nauplii for long term success and what specific phyto strains they eat but I couldn't find as much information on the acartia pods.

From what limited info I found they like Rhodomondas, Galbana and Nanno phyto. I don't have a Nanno culture going so I substituted Tetra in the mix and wasn't sure if I was missing anything else that is species specific?

I did sort of buy them on a whim when I bought the Parvo pods from an online vendor since it brought me over the free 2-day shipping amount 🤪
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new