Long time Fresh, First time salt.

tc3driver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the few posts that I have made on this forum, I realized that I never made an introductory post. So here it is.

I have been keeping fresh water tanks for ~36 years at this point... Keeping everything from under gravel filtered communities to high tech CO2 powered scapes that never needed water changes because I had very successful colonies of Anaerobic Bacteria in very deep substrate (had to add nitrates to the tank to keep the plants happy) . It never seemed to scratch the itch... always wanted a reef tank... for some reason about a month ago... I woke up and decided that I needed to empty my only tank (gotta keep the family happy) and turn it into a reef. And I was off to the races. Much to my detriment, I am a gear junkie for any and all of my hobbies, in some cases (never with live animals) it becomes about the gear and less about the hobby. I don't know why I waited so long...

I have already learned so much from this forum, and the members here. It is a great resource for a bunch of information and I look forward to bouncing my trials and tribulations off you lovely people (much to your chagrin I am sure)!

At any rate... Thank you for having me, and look forward to talking with you all in the future

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C943F341-43D6-4B3F-BA6E-A336CEC267C9.jpeg

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much to my detriment, I am a gear junkie for any and all of my hobbies, in some cases (never with live animals) it becomes about the gear and less about the hobby. I don't know why I waited so long...
Welcome fellow gear junkie! (now all I need is money...)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back