Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Welcome!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the few posts that I have made on this forum, I realized that I never made an introductory post. So here it is.

I have been keeping fresh water tanks for ~36 years at this point... Keeping everything from under gravel filtered communities to high tech CO2 powered scapes that never needed water changes because I had very successful colonies of Anaerobic Bacteria in very deep substrate (had to add nitrates to the tank to keep the plants happy) . It never seemed to scratch the itch... always wanted a reef tank... for some reason about a month ago... I woke up and decided that I needed to empty my only tank (gotta keep the family happy) and turn it into a reef. And I was off to the races. Much to my detriment, I am a gear junkie for any and all of my hobbies, in some cases (never with live animals) it becomes about the gear and less about the hobby. I don't know why I waited so long...

I have already learned so much from this forum, and the members here. It is a great resource for a bunch of information and I look forward to bouncing my trials and tribulations off you lovely people (much to your chagrin I am sure)!

At any rate... Thank you for having me, and look forward to talking with you all in the future
Welcome!

Glad you acted on your dream and went salty! Family will be happy. Mine loves to come watch our tank

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In the few posts that I have made on this forum, I realized that I never made an introductory post. So here it is.

I have been keeping fresh water tanks for ~36 years at this point... Keeping everything from under gravel filtered communities to high tech CO2 powered scapes that never needed water changes because I had very successful colonies of Anaerobic Bacteria in very deep substrate (had to add nitrates to the tank to keep the plants happy) . It never seemed to scratch the itch... always wanted a reef tank... for some reason about a month ago... I woke up and decided that I needed to empty my only tank (gotta keep the family happy) and turn it into a reef. And I was off to the races. Much to my detriment, I am a gear junkie for any and all of my hobbies, in some cases (never with live animals) it becomes about the gear and less about the hobby. I don't know why I waited so long...

I have already learned so much from this forum, and the members here. It is a great resource for a bunch of information and I look forward to bouncing my trials and tribulations off you lovely people (much to your chagrin I am sure)!

At any rate... Thank you for having me, and look forward to talking with you all in the future
Welcome! I'm in a similar situation. Long time freshy, second time salty! I grew up with a tank next to my bed. By junior high, I was breeding danios in a 20 long, guppies in 20 standard, hermit crabs in a 10, and a couple of Angela in a 29. I think there were 3 or 4 Betta tanks in the space between tanks.:p
After I got married, I was only allowed 1 tank so I did convict cichlids. Now, 20 years into marriage, I'm back up to 6 tanks running. :cool:

People say it's a problem, I say it's a solution!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back