Long white thing on my Zoa?

SeViN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers, I saw that this thing kept growing around my King Midas Zoa and I have no idea what it is? It doesn’t move on its own But it is spreading around it. Any ideas?

IMG_2254.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi reefers, I saw that this thing kept growing around my King Midas Zoa and I have no idea what it is? It doesn’t move on its own But it is spreading around it. Any ideas?

IMG_2254.jpeg
This is growth from poriferan sponge. Get a paper clip or paring knife and the base and work it up and remove and discard

OP
OP
S

SeViN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is growth from poriferan sponge. Get a paper clip or paring knife and the base and work it up and remove and discard
Do I need to try to get every single bit like with aiptasia so it doesn't grow everywhere in the aquarium? Can I also maybe suffocate it by covering it with epoxy/glue? Also any ideas on how I can get it in between the zoas? :(

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sponge! I had this too. I used feeding tongs to pull it off and it releases easy. For parts I didnt get I moved into my tank with an angel, she loves the sponge!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do I need to try to get every single bit like with aiptasia so it doesn't grow everywhere in the aquarium? Can I also maybe suffocate it by covering it with epoxy/glue? Also any ideas on how I can get it in between the zoas? :(
Not necessarily as its a nuisance opposed to harmful. Getting every bit will assure it wont return. A dental pick is the most effective tool.

OP
OP
S

SeViN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah thanks for the replies guys! I'll be getting it off today. I didn't know it is just pretty much sitting on top of it. So wish me luck!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back