Long white thing on my Zoa?

SeViN

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
Stratford
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers, I saw that this thing kept growing around my King Midas Zoa and I have no idea what it is? It doesn’t move on its own But it is spreading around it. Any ideas?

IMG_2254.jpeg
 
Hi reefers, I saw that this thing kept growing around my King Midas Zoa and I have no idea what it is? It doesn’t move on its own But it is spreading around it. Any ideas?

IMG_2254.jpeg
This is growth from poriferan sponge. Get a paper clip or paring knife and the base and work it up and remove and discard
 
This is growth from poriferan sponge. Get a paper clip or paring knife and the base and work it up and remove and discard
Do I need to try to get every single bit like with aiptasia so it doesn't grow everywhere in the aquarium? Can I also maybe suffocate it by covering it with epoxy/glue? Also any ideas on how I can get it in between the zoas? :(
 
Sponge! I had this too. I used feeding tongs to pull it off and it releases easy. For parts I didnt get I moved into my tank with an angel, she loves the sponge!
 
Do I need to try to get every single bit like with aiptasia so it doesn't grow everywhere in the aquarium? Can I also maybe suffocate it by covering it with epoxy/glue? Also any ideas on how I can get it in between the zoas? :(
Not necessarily as its a nuisance opposed to harmful. Getting every bit will assure it wont return. A dental pick is the most effective tool.
 
Ah thanks for the replies guys! I'll be getting it off today. I didn't know it is just pretty much sitting on top of it. So wish me luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new