Longnose hawkfish question

HonorableWhat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So! I am currently in the process of upgrading my 40g to a 100g tank and my favorite fish I've kept so far is the longnose hawkfish.

I just love them and I am excited to give my little buddy more room to glide.

My question is, can more than 1 longnose hawkfish be kept in a tank? Specifically my 100g.

I'd love to have 2 or 3 in the tank.

Thank you for your time

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could find a bonded pair already then yes you could do it but that would resort in getting rid of your current one unfortunately.

Another way you may be able to do it is with an acclimation box. Leave the second longnose hawk in the box and see how your current one reacts over a few weeks.

OP
OP
HonorableWhat

HonorableWhat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could find a bonded pair already then yes you could do it but that would resort in getting rid of your current one unfortunately.

Another way you may be able to do it is with an acclimation box. Leave the second longnose hawk in the box and see how your current one reacts over a few weeks.
DD has a bonded pair.

I love my current and have no plans to put her in danger, but I've had her 4 years now and their life expectancy is 5-7

So IL just stick with 1 for now and in the future maybe get a bonded pair from DD

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DD has a bonded pair.

I love my current and have no plans to put her in danger, but I've had her 4 years now and their life expectancy is 5-7

So IL just stick with 1 for now and in the future maybe get a bonded pair from DD
That sounds like a great plan to me :)

Im personally someone who really loves pushing and trying things that aren’t recommended (As seen with my three newest fish). So when you find a bonded pair after your current guy has passed I definitely recommend trying it.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be paired. They are hermaphrodites. Is yours full grown? That might make it more difficult. Acclimation box is a good plan.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back