Looking for a good external algae scrubber

Los01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to decide between and algae scrubber or chaeto reactor. I am kind of leaning towards the scrubber but my problem is that I have no room in or over my sump for it. I wont be able to use a hang-on either. My thought's were to place it in my equipment cabinet that is next to my tank (80g/30g sump) reef tank and run the tubing into my sump like I do with my dosing pumps. Only thing is I am not sure which kind or brand to get to accomplish this task. So I asking my reefing bros what you think?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to decide between and algae scrubber or chaeto reactor. I am kind of leaning towards the scrubber but my problem is that I have no room in or over my sump for it. I wont be able to use a hang-on either. My thought's were to place it in my equipment cabinet that is next to my tank (80g/30g sump) reef tank and run the tubing into my sump like I do with my dosing pumps. Only thing is I am not sure which kind or brand to get to accomplish this task. So I asking my reefing bros what you think?
Do you need to run either?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 96 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back