looking for a good Substrate

strange33w

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
677
Reaction score
383
Location
Sanford
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a very white substrate for my up and comming reef build. I plan on haveing some sand sifters like a diamond goby so need suggestions that will work with these type of fish.
 
I like the way the sugar-sized aragonite looks, but it can be a bit of a nuisance blowing around. I would suggest this or something just a tad bigger, but aragonite sand. I get some from the local Petsmart for a pretty good price. Live sand is overated, IMO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new