Looking for a New LED light

saltyMJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 30 gallon reef tank with a few LPS corals; hammer, Duncan, toadstool, zoas, GSP, and some clove polyps. We Try to only keep the "easy" corals. Looking for a new LED light as the cheaper Chinese brand I got off Amazon is starting to die after a few months. Wanting something that will last a lot longer. Less than $200 hopefully. tank dimensions 18"deep 20" wide and 20" tall. Any suggestions?

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Popbloom rs90 (or ls90 for wifi).....

I believe that price is below 200$.

I have two of them on my 500l, works great. Powerfull, nice colors - not ideal, some lack in sprectrum - but corals look and grow great. And probably best spread for such small unit, in that price range.

Minor issues, but nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
saltyMJ

saltyMJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Popbloom rs90 (or ls90 for wifi).....

I believe that price is below 200$.

I have two of them on my 500l, works great. Powerfull, nice colors - not ideal, some lack in sprectrum - but corals look and grow great. And probably best spread for such small unit, in that price range.

Minor issues, but nothing to worry about.
Thanks, I'll look into it. How long have you been running those lights?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d do the Noopsyche K7 pro III

What do you like about this light? Have you had it for a while?
This is what I like about them. And I can now keep clams alive on the bottom. I like the colors I can obtain with them and they put out enough par to grow just about anything IMO
20230712_200422.jpg

xsiimonox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I like about them. And I can now keep clams alive on the bottom. I like the colors I can obtain with them and they put out enough par to grow just about anything IMO
20230712_200422.jpg
Hi, can you tell us something about the Fan noises? im thinking of switching from RS90 to the K7 Pro III, do you think that are two on the K7 are enough for 47" Long Tank?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, can you tell us something about the Fan noises? im thinking of switching from RS90 to the K7 Pro III, do you think that are two on the K7 are enough for 47" Long Tank?
I think the fans are quiet but to be honest my overflows are very loud and I'm not really sensitive to the noise.
2 on a 47" should work If you have many sps you may need 3 but would depend on where the coral are placed in think 2 would be fine for LPS and softies

Last edited:

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May i ask, why do you think that two k7 will not be enough for 47"....

I mean, not sure what u keep in tank, i have 2 rs90 on 52".... And grow everyrhing (not sps, really have no interest for sticks).

I always tought that both lights are in same range regarding spread and par?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back